Apply for Housing

Looking to apply for student housing at SRU? You've come to right place. Find helpful links and other information below.

If you have any questions at all about applying for on-campus housing at SRU, please contact the Office of Housing & Residence Life at 724.738.2082.

Fall housing requires a $175 non-refundable processing fee.  First year students and first time transfer students qualify for a refund if they withdraw their intention to attend the University prior to May 1.  If you are unable to submit the $175 for financial reasons, please contact the Office of Housing. There is no fee for the spring semester.

Spring 2024 information

New freshmen are required to live on-campus unless they apply for and are approved for an exemption (found in the MyHousing Portal).  The housing application will be active on Nov. 1, 2023.  New transfer students who need on-campus housing must fill out a placement request found within the MyHousing Portal (also opening Nov. 1). 

The Housing Office will do your housing placement for you and you'll receive an email (to your SRU email) once it's complete (most likely, in January). 

First Year Students (new, first time, entering in the Fall 2024 semester)

First year students are required to live on-campus their first two year unless they are within reasonable commuting distance and provide a notarized letter that they will be living at their permanent home address with their parent(s).  Our first year students page has step-by-step instructions on how to make your new student room reservation.

Current Students

Our current students page explains how you can reserve on-campus housing and choose a roommate.  

Transfer Students

Our transfer students page tells you how you can apply for on-campus housing.

Residency Requirements and Withdrawals

First year students (freshmen) are required to live on campus during their first year of college (both fall and spring semesters) unless you commute from a permanent home address. In that case, a notarized letter from a parent or guardian must be submitted to the Office of Housing & Residence Life. First-year students 21 years of age or older may request to be exempt from the residency requirement.

All applications to be released from the residence hall agreement must be submitted in writing to the Office of Housing & Residence Life. If you withdraw or transfer from SRU, are released from your residence hall contract by the Office of Housing & Residence Life, or are academically suspended by the university, your housing deposit will not be refunded.

See our Residency Requirements and Withdrawals page for additional information on roommate requests, room assignment notification and more.