If you are looking for affordable and convenient housing, the R.O.C.K. Apartments is a great option for you.
ROCK Apartments offers:
A safe, secure, quiet and fully furnished living space that includes a full kitchen, cable and internet.
Same independence as off-campus housing, with very affordable and competitive prices.
A nine month lease with the option of summer housing.
Convenience with other on-campus resources and classroom buildings.
All graduate students will be placed in the same building. We require a one-time $250.00 utility deposit, which covers your cost for utilities for the academic year. There are no separate utility bills. Meal plans are available for all students, but not required when living in the R.O.C.K. Apartments.
The Office of Housing & Residence Life offers on-campus housing designated for Graduate Students in our R.O.C.K. Apartments. The R.O.C.K. Apartments offer graduate students the convenience of "off campus living" on campus. Amenities include: fully furnished single bedrooms (four bedrooms per apartment), full kitchens (meal plan not required), on-site laundry, secure building access, private balconies and access to the SRU on-campus student network (ResNet) which guarantees 10Mbps bandwidth per student for up to five devices (laptop, smartphone, tablet, etc.) that will follow you all across campus, and a campus shuttle bus stop just outside your door. There are no hidden costs at R.O.C.K. Apartments; utilities, cable TV, Internet access and trash removal are included in the per-semester price.
Some basic information:
- Graduate Students will be assigned to individual rooms in graduate apartments on a first come first serve basis; apartments are not held or reserved. Housing works to assign you with graduate students with your program, when able. Preferences can be listed on the last page, but are not guaranteed.
- Each apartment will be assigned as four students of the same gender. Requests for mixed gender apartments will require a group of 4 students (1 full apartment) to schedule a meeting in advance to coordinate and verify mutual agreement of pre-determined arrangement.
- Apartment mate selections will be made by the Housing staff, when possible by major or preferences you list on the last page. If a graduate student has a specific apartment mate request, please note that on the signature page of this sheet under roommate preference.
- All apartments have a shared living/dining room, kitchen, patio/balcony and restroom. These areas are common spaces. Each student will be assigned their own bedroom (A, B, C or D).
- During your first weeks on campus, the Graduate Assistant or Resident Assistant will meet with you to complete a living agreement; in short, it’s a review of the general understanding of the “house rules” your apartment mates set for your own apartment. Should challenges arise, the ROCK Apartments staff can help mediate and initiate communication if needed/requested.
- Please contact Mimi Campbell (email@example.com) if wish to sign up for the Rock Apartments or have any questions.