Living Learning Communities
Being part of a community is about making connections with others who have common interests. Community is about getting involved and contributing to something larger than you. Living Learning Communities (LLC) at Slippery Rock University provide students with an out of class learning experience within the residence halls! Students enjoy all the usual advantages of living in an on-campus residence hall, with the added benefit of living among a group that shares academic goals and interests.
For a table comparing the different LLCs available, please download it here.
These dynamic learning communities have some added benefits including:
- Formal and informal out-of-class interaction with professors in your academic field.
- Increased opportunity for career information, internships, and professional networking.
- Access to special facilities and equipment in a supportive learning environment.
- Educational programs that will enhance your classroom learning.
- Social and cultural activities with students and faculty.
- Students tend to maintain a higher GPA.
There are two types of LLCs to choose from! Academic LLCs are connected through majors and academic goals while Special Interests Communities allow students the opportunity to live and learn with students who share common interests.
Students can apply for any of the LLCs when submitting their housing materials via the MyHousing portal.