College of Education
Welcome to the College of Education at Slippery Rock University!
Whether you are an interested student, current student, or an alumnus, there is a lot our college has to offer you.
We are a college that:
- Produced the 4th most teachers out of 95 Universities in PA with teacher education in 2017.
- Landed 62% of our graduates full-time jobs in their field in 2017.
- Created our first ever doctoral degree in special education (2014).
- Created a Master's Degree in Technology for Online Instruction (2014).
- Earned NCATE's maximum seven (7) year re-accreditation award period, and maintained our Counseling Center accreditation in 2015.
- Secured over $1.8 million in grant funding since 2012 (Most recently the PA Dept. of Ed. Troops-to-Teachers Grant, awarded 2017-2023).
- Awarded 103 Professor Protégé fellowships which awarded qualified freshman with $800 in stipends and a new iPad.
Garnered the following recognitions:
- College of Education was ranked 2nd in PA in 2016 by tobecometeacher.org.
- Special Education program was ranked 10th best in the U.S. out of 425 qualifying colleges in 2016 by http://www.teacher.org.
- Early Childhood program was ranked 19th best in the U.S. out of 425 qualifying colleges in 2016 by http://www.teacher.org.
- Counseling program, which merged with the counseling center, was ranked 5th in the state in 2016 by topcounselingschools.org.
- Physical and Health Education transition programs, including the Rock Life and Transition Achievement Program, which provide college and high school students who have intellectual or development disabilities with life-skills training and prepares them for competitive employment, was selected to receive the 2018 ACHIEVA Awards of Excellence for Professional Service.
I wish you all the best of luck in whatever way you chose to participate in the COE!
Dr. Keith Dils
Dean, College of Education