Congitive Behavioral Therapy CertificateOffered by: Social Work
The substantial evidence-based research of the benefits of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) has led to greater demand for skilled practitioners who can implement this psychosocial intervention to improve the mental health of clients.
Through specialized instruction, students will be prepared to utilize CBT in their professional practice settings to assist clients in enhancing the development of personal coping strategies that target solving current problems.
The certificate courses can also be applied to the MSW degree if students later decide to complete the required course requirements.
- Flexible hybrid format
- Application to real client situations
- Expert faculty with doctoral degrees
- Practical experience developing and providing CBT interventions
- This certificate can be earned simultaneously with the MSW degree
SRU’s MSW program offers this certificate for those currently enrolled in the MSW program or for practicing professionals, and non-degree seeking individuals who wish to enhance their knowledge and expertise in the CBT interventions.
All applicants must submit the following materials along with a completed online graduate application and a non-refundable application fee:
- Online Application
- Application Fee
- Official Transcripts- Undergraduate/Graduate (Official transcripts must be sent by institution via electronic transcript e-share to email@example.com or via mail- faxed copies will not be considered official)
- SRU current/Alumni/former students click here to order your official SRU final transcript and have it sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- An essay explaining applicant’s career interests and goals related to cognitive behavioral therapy in social work (submit to email@example.com)