Elementary Education: K-12 Reading Specialist and Instructional Coaching: Literacy Endorsement (Master of Education, PDE Certification, and PDE Endorsement)Offered by: Elementary Education / Early Childhood
Considering becoming a reading specialist, Title I teacher, or literacy coach? Through the K-12 Reading Specialist Certification & Instructional Coaching Endorsement-Literacy Emphasis program, teachers can add the K-12 reading specialist certification and an endorsement in instructional coaching / literacy emphasis to their current teaching certificate while also earning a Masters of Education in Reading degree.
For teachers interested in preparing for roles as both reading specialists and instructional coaches, the K-12 Reading Specialist Certification and Instructional Coaching Endorsement-Literacy Emphasis program provides additional preparation in instructional coaching with a literacy emphasis. This program leads to certification as a K-12 reading specialist and an instructional coaching endorsement from the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
This program offers working professionals:
- Flexibility and convenience with all courses offered exclusively online
- Small class sizes
- Experienced faculty with doctoral degrees who are experts in their fields
- Online Application
- Application Fee
- Official Transcripts- Undergraduate/Graduate (Official transcripts must be sent by institution via electronic transcript e-share to email@example.com or via mail- faxed copies will not be considered official)
- SRU current/Alumni/former students click here to order your official SRU final transcript and have it sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resume (submit to email@example.com )
- A Copy of Teaching Certificate (any state) -- (Note: The reading specialist certification can only be added to an instructional certificate, not an educational specialist certificate.) (submit to firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Two Electronic Reference Forms: two from a professional or one from a professional and one from a faculty member (applicant is reponsible for forwarding link to evaluators)
Note: If you are requesting review of your graduate transcripts for transfer of credit, please complete the transfer of credit form and submit to the Office of Graduate Admissions with official graduate transcripts. Please review SRU's transfer of credit policy.
*Applicants may submit supplemental application materials as a PDF or JPEG file via email (email@example.com), fax (724.738.2146), or mail. Applicants may also choose to submit their supplemental materials via the wufoo forms linked above.
* If you are not a resident of Pennsylvania, please check the list of most recent states approved for online classes and internships by clicking here to see if SRU is authorized to offer distance education and/or field experiences in your state of residency.
*Clearances are due no later than one (1) week prior to deadline for course registration for each program's practicum/field experience-----no student will be permitted to register for their program's practicum and take part in practicum/field experiences without clear clearances on file at SRU. Students are to send the following by the due date:
- Clear Act 34 Criminal History Record: NO record...NONE concerning prohibitive offenses. A meeting headed by the Dean of the College of Education is required if clearances show non-prohibitive offenses. Clearance must be less than one year old at the time of submission.
- Clear Act 114 FBI Record Check: NO record...NONE concerning prohibitive offenses. A meeting headed by the Dean of the College of Education is required if clearances show non-prohibitive offenses. Clearance must be less than one year old at the time of submission.
- Clear Act 151 Child Abuse Background Check: NO record...NONE concerning prohibitive offenses. A meeting headed by the Dean of the College of Education is required if clearances show non-prohibitive offenses. Clearance must be less than one year old at the time of submission.
- Act 24 Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification: NO record...NONE concerning prohibitive offenses. A meeting headed by the Dean of the College of Education is required if clearances show non-prohibitive offenses. Students must file an updated Act 24 with SRU if any additional arrests/convictions occur while enrolled at SRU.
PROFESSIONAL LICENSURE CERTIFICATION
All candidates completing this program are eligible to receive Pennsylvania certification after completing a practicum and achieving a passing or qualifying score on Pennsylvania Department of Education required exam(s). If you are interested in teaching in another state, please contact the Department of Education in that state.