Trips and Events
Students in the Department of Homeland/Corporate Security program have the opportunity to learn how security operations work outside of the classroom. By observing first hand and talking with practitioners in the field, students gain perspective on real-world risks and security programs.
Past trips have included:
- Spring Break 2018- Washington DC- ASIS International Headquarters, George Washington University School of Law, Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR)
- Spring Break 2019- 9/11 Memorial Museum, New York FBI Field Office, FEMA Region II, NYPD Counterterrorism, Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, United Nations Headquarters
- Heinz Field
- PPG Arena
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- PNC Park
Saturday Certificate Series
The Saturday Certificate Program provides students with an opportunity to earn a certification in the security field. These certifications provide graduates with additional skills to supplement their educational experience.
- Fundamentals of Personnel Security
- IED Search and Identification
- Stop the Bleed