School Nurse (PDE Certification)Offered by: Nursing
It takes a unique set of skills to work as a school nurse. At SRU, the School Nurse Certification program helps students develop essential skills in that area. Designed for RNs who have already earned a BSN degree, this program will prepare you to apply to the Pennsylvania Department of Education for Level I certification.
SRU's School Nurse PDE Certification program is online and consists of 21 graduate credits-including a 100-hour practicum with a Certified School Nurse. The program provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to attain Level I certification from the Pennsylvania Department of Education. Other states may also accept the PDE Certification as a basis to grant a state certificate.
The School Nurse PDE Certification program is designed to meet the needs of working professionals. This program offers:
- Flexibility to fit busy schedules. Courses are taught online, with a precepted practicum
- A 21-credit program that can be completed in as few as four semesters
- A practicum can be completed at a school district of the student's choice; Note: If employed in a school district the practicum must be arranged in a different school district unless hired under an emergency permit.
- Online Application
- Application Fee
- Official Transcripts- indicatinga minimum 3.0 GPA in a BSN program. Offical Undergraduate/Graduate (Official transcripts must be sent by institution via electronic transcript e-share to email@example.com or via mail. Faxed copies will not be considered official.
- Copy of Nursing License * (submit to firstname.lastname@example.org )
* If you are not a resident of Pennsylvania, please check the list of most recent states approved for online classes and internships by clicking here to see if SRU is authorized to offer distance education and/or field experiences in your state of residency.