Jan. 7, 2019
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. — Slippery Rock University's Communication and Public Affairs Office closed the decade with a bang, earning 10 Educational Digital Marketing Awards. The EDMAs recognize the best educational websites, digital content, electronic communications, mobile media and social media.
The UCPA division's Athletic Communication department scored a trio of Gold Awards for:
• The official website of Rock Athletics, www.rockathletics.com, in the athletic website category.
• Athletic game day event promotion in the social media category.
• Athletic game day coverage in the social media category.
UCPA also earned Silver Awards for:
• The University's official website, www.sru.edu, in the website category.
• The 2018 holiday video card in the digital video category.
• The 2019 College Colors Day video in the digital video category.
• The Rock Athletics Digital Network in the streaming content category.
• The "Let's Taco 'Bout It" first-year student taco party with the president campaign in the miscellaneous media category.
The division also earned a Bronze Award for the University website's policies index microsite and a Merit Award for Athletic Communication's football national signing day campaign.
Higher Education Marketing Report sponsors the EDMAs.
Judges for the EDMAs consisted of a national panel of higher education marketers, advertising creative directors, marketing and advertising professionals and the editorial board of HEMR.
"Because we see their work every day, sometimes it's easy to forget how talented our staff is at SRU. These awards take on greater significance because they were earned while competing against work that in many cases was produced for institutions by professional agencies. I'm incredibly proud of the entire team's contributions to taking our products to a higher level," said Rita Abent, chief communication and public affairs officer.
For the complete list of EDMA winners, click here.
MEDIA CONTACT: Robb King | 724.738.2199 | email@example.com