SRU Dance Theatre hosting Emerging Artists Concert Feb. 3-4
More than 60 Slippery Rock University students will participate in the SRU Dance Theatre’s Emerging Artists Dance Concert, Feb. 3-4 at Miller Theater.
Jan. 25, 2023
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. — Slippery Rock University Dance Theatre will present two showings of its Emerging Artists Dance Concert, 7:30 p.m., Feb. 3, and 4 p.m., Feb. 4, at Miller Theater in the Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased online at sru.edu/tickets.
The concert will feature the choreography of SRU junior and senior dance majors, guest choreographer Helen Simoneau and the late modern dance pioneer Martha Graham. There will be a diverse range of styles, techniques and genres of dance on display, including traditional modern dance and contemporary dance.
More than 60 SRU dance students will participate as choreographers, performers and crew members.
"The dances presented in this concert were adjudicated by a panel of faculty and guest artists who found this choreography to be excellent representations of the talent and abilities of our students," said Lindsay Viatori, associate professor of dance and the concert's artistic director. "The choreography and performances beautifully showcase the talent and artistry in SRU's Dance Department."
The student choreographers are:
- Kali Booker, a senior dance major from New Castle.
- Autumn Bulebush-Clouse, a junior dance major from Sewickley.
- Jaidin Broody-Walega, a junior dance major from Pringle.
- Auriana Carrington, a senior dance major from Venetia.
- Alicea Chludzinski, a senior dance major from Erie.
- Sydney Forbes, a senior dance major from Blooming Glen.
- Kaitlin Halushka, a senior dance major from Pittsburgh.
- Ericka Morton, a junior dance major from Pittsburgh.
- Gabby Pfeifer, a senior dance major from Centreville, Maryland.
- Austin Shaffer, a senior dance major from Granville, Ohio.
- Hayden Summers, a senior dance major from Charleston, West Virginia.
- Grace Venatta, a senior dual dance and history major from Cabot.
More information about SRUDT is available on the Dance Department website.
MEDIA CONTACT: Justin Zackal | 724.738.4854 | email@example.com