SRU trustees to meet March 3-4
Elise Michaux and other members of the Slippery Rock University council of trustees will meet March 3-4 on campus as part of its quarterly meetings.
March 1, 2022
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. — Slippery Rock University's council of trustees will meet March 3-4. Committee meetings scheduled for both days, as well as the 11 a.m., March 4, quarterly business meeting, will take place in the Smith Student Center, Room 321. For those who wish to attend the meetings but are unable to do so in person, a Zoom option is available with advanced registration. All meetings are open to the public.
Scheduled committee meetings include:
- Academic and Student Affairs, 1-2 p.m., March 3.
- Finance and Administrative Affairs, 2-3 p.m., March 3.
- Governance, 3:15-4 p.m., March 3.
- University Advancement, 9:45-10:30 a.m., March 4.
The agenda for the Academic and Student Affairs Committee includes:
- An update on a new a three-credit course that meets a diversity, equity and inclusion designation through the Rock Integrated Studies Program by Cindy LaCom, professor of nonprofit management, empowerment and diversity studies, and Christine Pease-Hernandez, associate professor of strategic communication and media.
- Updates on the College of Health Professions and the College of Engineering and Science by Michael Zeig, associate provost for finance, planning and strategic initiatives.
- An enrollment update from Amanda Yale, chief enrollment management officer.
- A student affairs programming update from David Wilmes, chief student affairs officer.
The agenda for the Finance and Administrative Affairs Committee includes:
- An update on administrative affairs from Amir Mohammadi, senior vice president for administration, global engagement and economic development.
- A review of the University's capital budget submissions for fiscal year 2022-23.
- A review of a resolution to demolish two caretaker homes at the Old Stone House.
- An update on the University's budget from Carrie Birckbichler, chief financial and data officer.
- A review of personnel items from Lynne Motyl, chief human resources officer.
- A review of contracts, fixed assets and service and supply purchase orders; the quarterly financial report; and the facilities and planning project list.
The agenda for the Governance Committee includes:
- A review of the student trustee selection process by Samantha Hawk, an SRU senior political science major from South Park and SRU student trustee.
- An update on the Pennsylvania Association of Councils of Trustees from Jeff Smith, SRU trustee.
- A review of proposed changes to council bylaws.
- A resolution honoring Hawk for her service to the COT.
- Nomination of council officers for academic year 2022-23.
- A review of the president's goals for academic year 2022-23.
The agenda for the University Advancement Committee includes:
- An update regarding the University's capital campaign from Dennis Washington, vice president for University advancement, and Rachel Hopkins, senior vice president, BCW.
- An update on SRU's 2022 Giving Day fundraising event by Washington and Erin Bryer, director of advancement services and donor communications.
- Quarterly reports related to development, alumni relations and the SRU Foundation, Inc.
At the quarterly business meeting, the council will hear the President's Report, receive reports from its standing committees, and review finance and divisional reports. The council will also receive an introductory presentation from Anthony Jones, chief diversity officer.
Scheduled action items include:
- Approval of the University's capital budget submissions for fiscal year 2022-23.
- Approval of the resolution to demolish two caretaker homes at the Old Stone House.
MEDIA CONTACT: Robb King | 724.738.2199