SRU wins 21 Educational Advertising Awards including ‘Best of Show’
March 9, 2020
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. — Slippery Rock University won 21 awards including a "Best of Show" in the 35th Annual Educational Advertising Awards, a national competition sponsored by the Higher Education Marketing Report recognizing the field of educational marketing and advertising.
SRU's Poster category entry, titled "Mental Health Poster," earned a Gold Award and was one of 16 "Best of Show" national winners selected across all categories. The poster, promoting the Office of Emergency Management's professional development event addressing mental health, was created by Sandra Busch, graphic communication director in the Office of University Communication and Public Affairs.
A national panel of industry specialists reviewed submissions for 33 categories, judging creativity, marketing execution and message impact, before awarding Best of Show, Gold, Silver, Bronze and Merit designations.
Other SRU award winners included:
- " Summer Session Ad," created by Kaylee Pritty, a senior dual art and philosophy major from McKees Rocks, who is a student designer for UCPA (Newspaper Advertising-Single Ad).
- "SRU Athletics - Gameday Programs," created by Jon Holtz, director of athletic communication (Athletic Marketing Program).
- "Celebration of Giving Invitation," created by Megan Cassioli, assistant director of graphic design (Fund Raising Campaign).
- "Mental Health Flyer," created by Busch (Publication/Internal).
- "Taco & Pasta Student Events," created by Cassioli (Special Event).
- "Faculty & Guest Dance Concert Package," created by Cassioli (Special Promotions).
- "It Starts with a Dream," created by Awesome Films (agency) (TV Advertising-Series).
- "WOW Program Booklet," created by Busch (Publication/Internal).
- "SRU Athletics Social Media - Event Coverage," created by Holtz (Social Media).
- "Kaleidoscope Package," created by Cassioli (Special Promotions).
- "Beaming Ceremony Invitation," created by Cassioli (Other).
- "PSAC Championship Game Watch Party Poster," created by Cassioli (Publication/Internal).
- "Performing Arts Package," created by Cassioli (Special Promotions).
- "Fall Dance Poster," created by Cassioli (Poster).
- "Forge Dance Poster," created by Cassioli (Poster).
- "ROCK Magazine, Summer 2019," designed by Busch and edited by Robb King, deputy chief communication and public affairs officer (Publication/External).
- "Patriots Day Flyer," created by Cassioli (Publication/Internal).
- "SRU Athletics - Salute to Military," created by Holtz (Special Event).
- "College Colors," created by King and Mike Schnelle, digital design director (Special Video).
- "SRU Website," created by Darcy White, director of web communication and development (Website).
MEDIA CONTACT: Justin Zackal | 724.738.4854 | email@example.com