SRU trustees to meet March 25
March 22, 2021
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. — Slippery Rock University's council of trustees will meet March 25 by videoconference only. All committee and quarterly business meetings will be available virtually via Zoom videoconference or by telephone at 646.876.9923 with meeting ID 778 268 9666. All meetings are open to the public.
People wanting to make public comment at the quarterly business meeting must submit their request through SRU's Office of the President by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4 p.m., March 24.
Committee meetings are scheduled from 9:15 a.m. to 3 p.m., immediately followed by an executive session. The quarterly business meeting will begin at 4 p.m.
The Academic and Student Affairs Committee will begin the first of four committee meetings. Scheduled presentations include:
- Updates on Black History Month Zoom bombings and COVID mass testing from David Wilmes, chief student affairs officer.
- An enrollment update from Amanda Yale, chief enrollment management officer.
- A proposed restructuring of the College of Health, Engineering and Science from Michael Zieg, interim dean for the College of Health, Engineering and Science, and John Bonaguro, dean of SRU's proposed new College of Health Professions.
- A proposal for music program fee from Dan Bauer, dean of the College of Liberal Arts.
- An update on the University's 2021 reaffirmation of accreditation with the Middle States Commission on Higher Education from Abbey Zink, provost.
The Governance Committee will meet following the Academic and Student Affairs Committee. Scheduled discussion items include:
- An update on the Pennsylvania Association of Councils of Trustees from Jeff Smith, SRU trustee.
- The annual evaluation process of the president.
- A review of COT bylaws.
- COT slate of officers for the 2021-22 academic year.
- A memorial resolution honoring the service of Rita Abent to the University.
The University Advancement Committee will meet following the Governance Committee. Agenda items include:
- Updates from Dennis Washington, vice president for University advancement, regarding guidelines and procedures for the naming of facilities and endowments at the University.
- A review of best practices for the University's fundraising campaign from Dennis Prescott, senior vice president of Bentz Whaley Flessner.
- Quarterly reports from the Slippery Rock University Foundation, Inc., and Slippery Rock University Alumni Association.
The Finance and Administrative Affairs Committee will meet following the University Advancement Committee. Scheduled items include:
- An update on administrative affairs from Amir Mohammadi, senior vice president for administration, global engagement and economic development.
- A financial review from Carrie Birckbichler, chief financial and data officer.
- A review of personnel items from Lynne Motyl, chief human resources officer.
- A review of contracts, fixed assets and service and supply purchase orders; the quarterly financial report; and the facilities and planning project list.
At the quarterly business meeting, the council will hear the President's Report and receive reports from its standing committees. The council will receive a presentation from Terrence Mitchell, special assistant to the president for diversity and inclusion, regarding diversity, equity and inclusion planning at the University; and put forth the memorial resolution for Abent prior to scheduled action items that include:
- Approval of the business agenda for the March 25 meeting.
- Approval of the meeting minutes from the Dec. 10 quarterly business meeting.
- A decision on the proposed music program fee.
- A decision on the naming policy guidelines.
- Approval of the University's capital budget.
- Approval of contracts, fixed assets and service and supply purchase orders.
MEDIA CONTACT: Robb King | 724.738.2199 | email@example.com