SRU seats Presidential Search Committee representatives
Slippery Rock University’s Presidential Search Committee was recommended by the council of trustees and approved by Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education.
April 25, 2022
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. — The Slippery Rock University council of trustees took another step forward in the process of selecting a new president for the University when they approved to recommend membership for the Presidential Search Committee to Pennsylvania's State System of Higher Education for final approval, April 22, via Zoom.
Membership on the committee is prescribed by Pennsylvania's State System board of governors Policy Section 1983-13-A: Process for Recommending a Presidential Appointment.
The complete committee, which was then approved by Dan Greenstein, chancellor of the State System, includes:
- Jeffrey Smith, chair
- Matt Lautman
- Elise Michaux
- Lawrence Shao, dean of the College of Business, COT appointed executive
- Martin Buckley, associate professor of biology, elected faculty member
- Michelle Amodei, associate professor of elementary education and early childhood, appointed by APSCUF
- Brian Crow, professor of sport management (alternate)
- Ryan Stryffeler, instructor of English (alternate)
- Mimi Campbell, associate director of housing, appointed non-instructional unions
- Karla Romero, assistant director of admissions and multicultural recruitment, COT appointed
- Shelly Ogreuc, nurse, Student Health Services (alternate)
- Mohamad Khalaifa, appointed by SGA
- Amanda Brock (alternate)
- Melissa Visco, appointed by the SRU Alumni Association
- Michael Zody (alternate)
- Ivory Dunlap, director, Office of Inclusive Excellence, COT appointed
- Samantha Swift, executive director, University Advancement, COT appointed
- Christopher Cole, director of conference services, COT appointed
Board of Governors liaison:
- Bill Gindlesperger, trustee, Shippensburg University
State System liaison:
- Randy Goin, deputy chancellor (non-voting)
State System appointee:
- Anthony Jones, SRU chief diversity officer (non-voting)
Current or former State System university president:
- Dale-Elizabeth Pehrsson, president, Clarion University (non-voting)
SRU staff support for the Presidential Search Committee:
- Lisa Weinzetl (non-voting)
RPA Inc., a Williamsport-based firm specializing in higher education executive searches, will continue to assist the Presidential Search Committee in their work. Dana John Cohick, president of RPA Inc., will provide agency leadership.
More information about SRU's presidential search is available on the University's website.
MEDIA CONTACT: Robb King | 724.738.2199 | email@example.com