SRU wins 12 Collegiate Advertising Awards
Twelve entries from Slippery Rock University’s Communication and Public Affairs division earned recognition in the 2019 Collegiate Advertising Awards, including the Department of Dance fall concert poster.
April 28, 2020
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. — Twelve entries from Slippery Rock University's Communication and Public Affairs division earned recognition in the 2019 Collegiate Advertising Awards.
The Collegiate Advertising Awards program is a national program that honors marketing professionals for excellence in all forms of advertising, marketing and promotion specific to higher education products and services. A national panel of design and education marketing professionals judged submissions based on categories that covered branding, social media, recruiting, fundraising, multimedia campaigns, educational fairs, blogs and more.
Entries were judged on creativity, layout/design, typography, production, quality and overall effectiveness, and awards were given based on groups determined by the size of the institution. SRU winners were picked from a group comprised of schools with 5,001-10,000 students.
SRU's winning entries included six gold, five silver and one bronze awards.
- "Patriots Day Flyer," created by Megan Cassioli, assistant director of graphic design (Publication Internal - Single).
- "Celebration of Giving Invitation," created by Cassioli (Invitations).
- "Holocaust Poster," created by Sandra Busch, graphic communication director (Poster/Display - Single).
- "ROCK Magazine," designed by Busch and edited by Robb King, deputy chief communication and public affairs officer (Publication External- Series).
- "SRU Football Signing Day," created by Jon Holtz, director of athletic communication (Social Media Marketing - Series).
- "SRU Athletics Award Winners," created by Holtz (Sports Specific).
- "SRU website," created by Darcy White, director of web communication and development (Website Design).
- "ROCK Athletic Brochure," created by Cassioli (Brochure - Folded/Panels).
- "Beaming Ceremony Invitation," created by Cassioli (Invitations).
- "Taco & Pasta Student Events," created by Cassioli (Special Events).
- "Let's Zoo This," created by Kaylee Pritty, a senior dual art and philosophy major from McKees Rocks (Photo/Illustration - Single)
- "Let's Taco Bout It," created by Cassioli (Social Media Marketing).
MEDIA CONTACT: Justin Zackal | 724.738.4854 | firstname.lastname@example.org