SRU trustees to meet May 7
From left, Slippery Rock University trustees Dylan Colcombe and Alfonso Angelucci attend the council of trustees Dec. 13, 2019, meeting. The next trustees meeting, scheduled for May 7, will take place via videoconference.
May 1, 2020
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. — Slippery Rock University's council of trustees will meet May 7 by videoconference only. All committee and quarterly business meetings will be available virtually via Zoom videoconference or by telephone. All meetings are open to the public with advanced registration for Zoom users available by clicking here. For those participating via telephone at 646.876.9923, no registration is necessary.
People wishing to make public comment at the quarterly business meeting must submit their request through SRU's Office of the President by emailing email@example.com no later than 4:30 p.m., May 6.
Committee meetings are scheduled for 8:30-11:30 a.m., immediately followed by an executive session. The quarterly business meeting will begin at noon.
The Academic and Student Affairs Committee will begin the first of four committee meetings. Scheduled items include:
- Receive an academic program update from Jerry Chmielewski, interim provost and vice president for academic affairs, and Carrie Birckbichler, chief data officer.
- Receive an update on enrollment from Amanda Yale, chief enrollment officer.
The Finance Committee will meet following the Academic and Student Affairs Committee meeting. Scheduled items include:
- Receive an update on capital budget submissions for the 2020-21 fiscal year from Amir Mohammadi, senior vice president for administration, global engagement and economic development and interim vice president for advancement.
- Hear a financial update, including impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic, from Molly Mercer, chief financial officer.
- Review contracts, fixed assets and service and supply purchase orders; the quarterly financial report; the facilities and planning project list; and personnel appointments.
- Review a resolution to rescind the University's proposed 2020-21 and 2021-22 tuition increases that were previously approved for advancement to Pennsylvania's State System of Higher Education on Dec. 13, 2019.
- Receive an update on University personnel items from Lynne Motyl, chief human resources officer.
The University Advancement Committee will meet following the Finance Committee meeting. Scheduled items include:
- Receive an update from Dennis Washington, vice president for University advancement, about the comprehensive fundraising campaign study; the Slippery Rock University Foundation, Inc.; and the 2020 Day of Caring.
The Governance Committee will meet following the University Advancement Committee. Scheduled items include:
- A proposal regarding an Interim Faculty Council from Lia Paradis, associate professor of history.
- Receive an update on the Pennsylvania Association of Councils of Trustees from Jeff Smith, chair, SRU trustees.
- Review of trustee accountability reports and the president's evaluation process.
- Discuss the selection of a new student trustee and a future retreat for the trustees.
- Determine the council's slate of officers for the 2020-21 academic year.
- Review proposed quarterly meeting dates for the 2020-21 academic year.
At the quarterly business meeting, the council will hear the President's Report and receive reports from its standing committees. Scheduled action items include:
- Approval of the business agenda for the May 7 meeting.
- Approval of the minutes from the Dec. 13, 2019, quarterly business meeting.
- Contracts, fixed assets and service and supply purchase orders.
- Submission of the capital budget for the 2020-21 fiscal year.
- A resolution to rescind the University's proposed 2020-21 and 2021-22 tuition increases.
MEDIA CONTACT: Robb King | 724.738.2199 | firstname.lastname@example.org