SRU trustees to meet June 4
June 1, 2020
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. — Slippery Rock University's council of trustees will meet June 4 by videoconference only. All committee and quarterly business meetings will be available virtually via Zoom videoconference or by telephone at 646.876.9923. All meetings are open to the public.
People wishing to make public comment at the quarterly business meeting must submit their request through SRU's Office of the President by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:30 p.m., June 3.
Committee meetings are scheduled for 8:30-11:30 a.m., immediately followed by an executive session. The quarterly business meeting will begin at 1 p.m.
The Academic and Student Affairs Committee will begin the first of four committee meetings. Scheduled items include:
- An academic affairs planning update from Jerry Chmielewski, interim provost and vice president for academic affairs, and Carrie Birckbichler, chief data officer.
- A student affairs planning update from David Wilmes, chief student affairs officer.
- An update on new undergraduate programs from Carrie Birckbichler, chief data officer.
- An enrollment update from Amanda Yale, chief enrollment officer.
The Finance and Administrative Affairs Committee will meet following the Academic and Student Affairs Committee meeting. Scheduled items include:
- Updates on the Sightlines facility asset management data and the annual inspection of facilities from Amir Mohammadi, senior vice president for administration, global engagement and economic development and interim vice president for advancement.
- A presentation from David Jacobson of CliftonLarsonAllen regarding the University's audit plan.
- A financial update from Molly Mercer, chief financial officer.
- Review contracts, fixed assets and service and supply purchase orders; the quarterly financial report; the facilities and planning project list; and personnel appointments.
The University Advancement Committee will meet following the Finance and Administrative Affairs Committee meeting. Scheduled items include:
- Updates from Dennis Washington, vice president for University advancement, regarding a comprehensive fundraising campaign study and quarterly reports from the Slippery Rock University Foundation, Inc. and Slippery Rock University Alumni Association.
The Governance Committee will meet following the University Advancement Committee. Scheduled items include:
- An update on the Pennsylvania Association of Councils of Trustees from Jeff Smith, chair of the council of trustees.
- Discussions regarding trustee accountability reports and the president's evaluation process.
- Review of the University's order of succession.
- Review of the trustees' slate of officers for the 2020-21 academic year that includes Matt Lautman as chair, Elise Michaux as vice-chair and Samantha Hawk as secretary.
At the quarterly business meeting, the council will hear the President's Report and receive reports from its standing committees. The council will present a certificate of commendation to Dylan Colcombe, outgoing student trustee, prior to scheduled action items that include:
- Approval of the business agenda for the June 4 meeting.
- Approval of the minutes from the May 7, 2020, quarterly business meeting.
- Approval of contracts, fixed assets and service and supply purchase orders.
- Approval of the University's order of succession.
- Approval of the council's officers for the 2020-21 academic year.
MEDIA CONTACT: Robb King | 724.738.2199 | email@example.com