SRU trustees to meet June 6-7
Robert Taylor, Slippery Rock University trustee, at the council’s March 29 quarterly business meeting.
June 3, 2019
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. — Slippery Rock University's council of trustees will meet June 6-7 in the Smith Student Center Theatre. All meetings are open to the public.
The Academic and Student Affairs Committee will meet at 1 p.m., June 6 to hear a "Year in Review" presentation from Philip Way, provost and vice president for academic and student affairs.
The Finance Committee will meet at 2 p.m., June 6 to:
• Receive presentations from David Jacobson of CliftonLarsonAllen regarding the University's audit plan; and from Rebecca D'Imperio regarding the Sightlines facility asset management presentation.
• Consider a resolution to demolish the Gail Rose Lodge.
• Review: contracts, fixed assets and service and supply purchase orders; the quarterly financial report; the facilities and planning project list, and personnel appointments.
The University Advancement Committee will meet at 3 p.m., June 6 to:
• Receive a report from Amir Mohammadi, interim vice president for advancement, regarding the Gail Rose Lodge and the search for a vice president of university advancement.
• Hear from SRU President William Behre about a senior gift program.
• Review resolutions to name rooms in the Strain Safety Building the Vincent Showalter Emergency Response and Fire Training Laboratory, the Wilma J. Cavill Student Study Room and the Kyle McFeely Student Study Room.
• Receive reports from advancement, foundation and alumni operations.
The Governance Committee will meet at 10 a.m., June 7 to:
• Discuss Pennsylvania's State System of Higher Education's "systemness."
• Approve the slate of officers for 2019-20.
• Finalize dates for 2019-20 trustee meetings.
At the quarterly business meeting at 11 a.m., June 7, the council will hear the President's Report and receive reports from its standing committees. Action items include the approval of the business agenda for the June 7 meeting and minutes from the March 29 quarterly business meeting; and those items forwarded by the committees for action by the full council.
MEDIA CONTACT: Robb King | 724.738.2199 | email@example.com