SRU trustees to meet Sept. 24
Slippery Rock University trustee Matt Lautman attends the council of trustees Sept. 27, 2019, meeting. The next trustees meeting, scheduled for Sept. 24, will take place via videoconference.
Sept. 17, 2020
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. — Slippery Rock University's council of trustees will meet Sept. 24 by videoconference only. All committee and quarterly business meetings will be available virtually via Zoom videoconference or by telephone at 646.876.9923. All meetings are open to the public.
People wanting to make public comment at the quarterly business meeting must submit their request through SRU's Office of the President by emailing email@example.com no later than 4:30 p.m., Sept. 23.
Committee meetings are scheduled for 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., immediately followed by an executive session. The quarterly business meeting will begin at 2:30 p.m.
The Academic and Student Affairs Committee will begin the first of four committee meetings. Scheduled items include:
- An update on new Title IX regulations from Holly McCoy, assistant vice president for diversity and equal opportunity.
- An academic affairs planning update from Abbey Zink, provost and chief academic affairs officer.
- An academic programming update from Carrie Birckbichler, chief data officer.
- An enrollment update from Amanda Yale, chief enrollment officer.
The Finance and Administrative Affairs Committee will meet following the Academic and Student Affairs Committee meeting. Scheduled items include:
- An update on administrative affairs from Amir Mohammadi, senior vice president for administration, global engagement and economic development.
- A presentation from Rebecca D'Imperio and Sam Galanek of Sightlines regarding the University's facility asset management data.
- A financial review from Molly Mercer, chief financial officer, that will include a presentation of the University's 2020-21 budget.
- A review of personnel items from Lynne Motyl, chief human resources officer.
- Review contracts, fixed assets and service and supply purchase orders; the quarterly financial report; and the facilities and planning project list.
The University Advancement Committee will meet following the Finance and Administrative Affairs Committee meeting. Scheduled items include:
- Updates from Dennis Washington, vice president for University advancement, regarding a proposal for a new University policy regarding a new Community Memorial Scholarship Award to honor deceased University employees, students and committee and/or board volunteers; a resolution to name Strain Safety Building, Rooms 201 and 106, the Falcon Power Consultants Classroom and Falcon Power Consultants Administrative Suite, respectively; a resolution to name Strain Safety Building, Room 204, the New Pig Classroom; the recent reorganization of University Advancement personnel; fiscal year 2020-21 and long-term fundraising goals; a comprehensive fundraising update; and quarterly reports from the Slippery Rock University Foundation, Inc. and Slippery Rock University Alumni Association.
The Governance Committee will meet following the University Advancement Committee. Scheduled items include:
- An update on the Pennsylvania Association of Councils of Trustees from Jeff Smith, SRU trustee.
- Discuss the annual evaluation process of the president.
- Review of proposed commendations to former trustees Sen. Mary Jo White and Thomas Breth for their service to SRU.
- Review informational items pertaining to the University calendar and trustee bylaws.
At the quarterly business meeting, the council will hear the President's Report and receive reports from its standing committees. The council will present certificates of commendation to White and Breth, prior to scheduled action items that include:
- Approval of the business agenda for the Sept. 24 meeting.
- Approval of the minutes from the July 29 University Advancement Committee meeting.
- Approval of the minutes from the June 4 quarterly business meeting.
- Approval of the minutes from the Aug. 4 special meeting.
- Approval of the University's 2020-21 proposed budget.
- Approval of the University policy regarding the proposed Community Memorial Award.
- Approval of the resolution to rename rooms within Strain Safety Building for Falcon Powers Consultants and New Pig Corporation.
- Approval of contracts, fixed assets and service and supply purchase orders.
MEDIA CONTACT: Robb King | 724.738.2199 | firstname.lastname@example.org