SRU trustees to meet Sept. 22-23
Slippery Rock University’s council of trustees will conduct its quarterly business meeting, 11 a.m., Sept. 23, in the Smith Student Center, Room 321.
Sept. 19, 2022
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. — Slippery Rock University's council of trustees will meet Sept. 22-23. The quarterly business meeting will be held 11 a.m., Sept. 23. All committee meetings will take place in the Smith Student Center, Room 321. For those who wish to attend the meetings but are unable to do so in person, a Zoom option is available with advanced registration. All meetings are open to the public.
Scheduled committee meetings include:
- Academic and Student Affairs, 2-3 p.m., Sept. 22.
- Finance and Administrative Affairs, 3:15-4:30 p.m., Sept. 22.
- Governance, 8:30-9:30 a.m., Sept. 23.
- University Advancement, 9:30-10:30 a.m., Sept. 23.
The agenda for the Academic and Student Affairs Committee includes presentations from their respective area by:
- Michael Zieg, interim provost and vice president for academic affairs.
- Anthony Jones, chief diversity officer.
- Amanda Yale, chief enrollment management officer.
- David Wilmes, chief student affairs officer.
The agenda for the Finance and Administrative Affairs Committee includes:
- A presentation by Carrie Birckbichler, vice president for finance and administration, about the 2022-23 fiscal year budget.
- Budget proposal for 2022-23 fiscal year.
- Proposed resolution regarding SRU's Green Fund.
The agenda for the Governance Committee includes:
- An update on the Pennsylvania Association of Councils of Trustees from Jeff Smith, SRU trustee.
- A presidential search committee update from Smith.
The agenda for the University Advancement Committee includes updates from:
- Samantha Swift, interim vice president for university advancement.
- Kelly Bailey, director of alumni engagement.
- Dave Hollenbaugh, executive director, SRU Foundation, Inc.
At the quarterly business meeting, the council will hear the President's Report, receive reports from its standing committees, and review finance and divisional reports. The council will also receive a presentation about SRU's Tutorial and Writing Center from Amber Hamilton, instructor of exploratory studies and academic progress, and Elizabeth Geib Chavin, assistant professor of languages, literatures, cultures and writing.
Scheduled action items include:
- Approval of the University's Green Fund.
- Approval of the 2022-23 fiscal year proposed budget.
MEDIA CONTACT: Justin Zackal | 724.738.4854 | email@example.com