SRU trustees to meet Sept. 23-24
Sept. 20, 2021
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. —Slippery Rock University's council of trustees will meet Sept. 23-24. Committee meetings scheduled for both days, as well as the 11 a.m., Sept. 24 quarterly business meeting, will take place in the Smith Student Center, Room 321. For those who wish to attend the meetings but are unable to do so in person, a Zoom option is available with advanced registration. All meetings are open to the public.
Scheduled committee meetings include:
- Finance and Administrative Affairs, noon to 2:15 p.m., Sept. 23.
- Governance, 2:30-3:30 p.m., Sept. 23.
- University Advancement, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Sept. 23.
- Academic and Student Affairs, 9:30-10:30 a.m., Sept. 24.
The agenda for the Finance and Administrative Affairs Committee includes:
- Presentations on fire and life safety programs pertaining to campus buildings and deferred maintenance projects from Amir Mohammadi, senior vice president for administration, global engagement and economic development.
- A presentation on the University's 2021-22 fiscal year budget from Carrie Birckbichler, chief financial and data officer.
- A discussion on refinancing of the University's residential suites led by Birckbichler.
- A review of personnel items from Lynne Motyl, chief human resources officer.
- A review of contracts, fixed assets and service and supply purchase orders; the quarterly financial report; and the facilities and planning project list.
The agenda for the Governance Committee includes:
- A presentation on updates to Pennsylvania's Sunshine Act by Laura Neal, University legal counsel.
- An update on the Pennsylvania Association of Councils of Trustees from Jeff Smith, SRU trustee.
- A review of the timeline for the annual evaluation process of the president.
- Consideration of a motion to forward to the full council for yearly PACT dues in the amount of $1,570.
- Information items for review including an updated University calendar and COT bylaws.
The agenda for the University Advancement Committee includes:
- An update from Dennis Washington, vice president for University advancement.
- Consideration of a motion to forward to the full council a naming resolution for the Performing Arts Complex.
- Quarterly reports related to development, alumni relations and the SRU Foundation, Inc.
The agenda for the Academic and Student Affairs Committee includes:
- An update regarding fall 2021 student affairs programming from David Wilmes, chief student affairs officer.
- An enrollment update from Amanda Yale, chief enrollment management officer.
- An update on engineering lab construction and program enrollment by SRU President Bill Behre.
- A status report on new academic programs by Behre.
At the quarterly business meeting, the council will hear the President's Report, receive reports from its standing committees, and review finance and divisional reports. The council will also receive a presentation from John Rindy, assistant vice president of career and academic progress, about the Center for Career and Academic Progress.
Scheduled action items include:
- Approval of the University's proposed 2021-22 budget.
- Approval of the PACT membership dues for 2021-22.
- Approval of the naming resolution as it pertains to the University's Performing Arts Complex.
MEDIA CONTACT: Robb King | 724.738.2199 | email@example.com