SRU trustees to meet Sept. 26-27
Slippery Rock University's council of trustees, including Jeff Smith, chair of the council, will meet Sept. 26-27 for committee and quarterly business meetings.
Sept. 23, 2019
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. — Slippery Rock University's council of trustees will meet Sept. 26-27. Committee meetings will take place Sept. 26 in the Smith Student Center Theatre. The trustees and SRU President Behre will host the official opening of the Strain Safety Building, 11 a.m., Sept. 27 in Rooms 113-113A SSB. The quarterly business meeting is at noon in Room 109 of the Strain Safety Building. All meetings are open to the public.
The Academic and Student Affairs Committee will meet at 1 p.m., Sept. 26 to:
• Receive an update on enrollment from Amanda Yale, chief enrollment officer; and
• Receive an update on the University's 2021 reaffirmation of accreditation with the Middle States Commission on Higher Education from Mary Hennessey, assistant to the provost.
The Finance Committee will meet at 2 p.m., Sept. 26 to:
• Receive an update on campus projects from Amir Mohammadi, senior vice president for administration, global engagement and economic development and interim vice president for advancement, and Scott Albert, assistant vice president for facilities, planning and environmental safety;
• Hear from Molly Mercer, chief financial officer, regarding the University's 2019-20 budget;
• Receive an overview of the University's long-range financial planning from Mercer and Cara Kriebel, senior budget analyst;
• Receive an update from Mercer and Yale about SRU's tuition pricing study; and
• Review contracts, fixed assets and service and supply purchase orders; the quarterly financial report; the facilities and planning project list, and personnel appointments.
The University Advancement Committee will meet at 3 p.m., Sept. 26 to:
• Receive a report from William Behre, SRU president, and Ed Bucha, executive director of the SRU Foundation, Inc. about the status of the University's major fundraising campaign;
• Hear from Behre, Bucha and Samantha Swift, director of development for SRU Foundation, Inc. on the creation of comprehensive fundraising and gift acceptance policies; and
• Receive reports from advancement, foundation and alumni operations.
The Governance Committee will meet at 4 p.m., Sept. 26 to:
• Receive updates on the Pennsylvania Association of Councils of Trustees and trustee accountability from Jeff Smith, chair, SRU trustees;
• Discuss revisions of ACT 188;
• Act on the re-approval of the president's evaluation; the University's order of succession; and PACT dues; and
• Review the University calendar and trustee bylaws.
All meetings are open to the public.
At the quarterly business meeting, the council will hear the President's Report and receive reports from its standing committees. Action items include the approval of the business agenda for the Sept. 27 meeting, the minutes from the June 7 quarterly business meeting, and the minutes from the Aug. 16 and Sept. 11 special meetings; and those items forwarded by the committees for action by the full council.
MEDIA CONTACT: Robb King | 724.738.2199 | email@example.com