Presidential Search Committee hosting on-campus interviews Nov. 28 to Dec. 2
Nov 10, 2022
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. – Four candidates vying to become the next president of Slippery Rock University will be on campus for interviews, Nov. 28 to Dec. 2. During that time, the SRU community will have the opportunity to engage directly in the search process by meeting candidates at forums according to their constituent groups.
Since the last update from the Presidential Search Committee in May, the University’s executive search consultant, RPA Inc., recruited candidates and provided the search committee a candidate pool for consideration. During the last few months, the search committee interviewed and evaluated candidates, culminating in the in-person search committee interviews with a select group of candidates that took place the first weekend in November. From those interviews, four candidates were selected.
Additional details about the candidates will be announced prior to the on-campus interviews.
The follow is the interview schedule:
- Candidate 1 will be on campus Nov. 28-29.
- Candidate 2 will be on campus Nov. 29-30.
- Candidate 3 will be on campus Nov. 30 to Dec. 1.
- Candidate 4 will be on campus Dec. 1-2.
Each candidate will follow the same schedule while on campus. The first day includes meetings with the provosts, deans and the council of trustees. The second day includes a meeting with the president’s cabinet, lunch with invited student leaders, a campus tour and the following forums:
- Non-Faculty Union Leadership and Staff Forum, 9:40-10:40 a.m.
- Manager Forum, 10:45-11:45 a.m.
- APSCUF Leadership and Faculty Forum, 2:05-3:05 p.m.
- Open Forum, 3:10-4:40 p.m. (available to the public)
- Student Forum, 5-6 p.m.
Meeting locations for forums will be announced with information about each candidate.
MEDIA CONTACT: Justin Zackal | 724.738.4854 | email@example.com