SRU Theatre going ‘Head over Heels’ for musical Nov. 17-21
Cast members conduct rehearsals for the Slippery Rock University Theatre Department’s mainstage musical “Head over Heels,” at the Miller Theatre inside the Performing Arts Center.
Nov. 16, 2022
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. — The Slippery Rock University Theatre Department is hosting a mainstage musical production "Head over Heels." Daily performances are 7:30 p.m., Nov. 17-19 and Nov. 21, and 2 p.m., Nov. 20, at the Miller Theatre inside the Performing Arts Center. Tickets are available online at sru.edu/tickets or at the door prior to each performance. The cost is $12 for SRU students and $15 for general admission.
"Head over Heels" is based on an Elizabethan poem set in Greece and propelled by the power-pop music of The Go-Gos. The musical follows the story of a royal family on their journey to keep their famous "Beat." "Head over Heels" is directed by David Skeele, SRU professor of theatre, with support from musical director Lincoln Sandham, instructor of music, and choreography by Teena Custer, a 2000 SRU graduate and former SRU dance instructor.
The cast of "Head over Heels" includes:
- Haven Joseph-Lyon, a junior music education major from Sewickley, as Musidorus.
- Rin Smith, a freshman acting major from Plymouth Meeting, as Pamela.
- Ari Mitchell, a freshman acting major from Baltimore, Maryland, as Philoclea.
- Jack Lloyd, a freshman acting major from Oak Ridge, Tennessee, as Basilius.
- Abby Malczon, a junior acting major from Cromwell, Connecticut, as Gynecia.
- Corban Dunn, a junior theatre major from Grove City, as Dametas.
- Sarah Reese, a junior acting major from Lewis Center, Ohio, as Mopsa.
- Kaleb Purswell, a junior acting major from Panama City, Florida, as Pythio.
For more information, visit the SRU Theatre Department webpage.
MEDIA CONTACT: Justin Zackal | 724.738.4854 | email@example.com