SRU hosts world-renowned flutist Alexa Still Nov. 27
Nov. 21, 2018
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. - The Slippery Rock University Flute studio will host guest artist Alexa Still, the president of the National Flute Association, Nov. 27, for a series of master classes in Swope Music Hall.
Still is a former professor of flute and director of performance research at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music in Australia. She currently serves as an associate professor of flute at the Oberlin Conservatory of Music in Ohio. She has performed concerts and recitals and has taught master classes around the world, including stops in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, England, Germany, Korea, Mexico, New Zealand, Slovenia, Turkey and Venezuela.
Still's SRU schedule of classes, all at Swope Music Hall, include:
● Master class, 12:30-1:30 p.m., Recital Hall.
● Repair-flute authority, 1:30-2 p.m., Room 135.
● Group breathing class, 2-3:15 p.m., Band Room.
● Flute display/exhibits, 3:30-5:30 p.m., Room 135.
● Flute display/exhibits, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Recital Hall lobby.
● Recital/pedagogy class and Q&A, 7:30 p.m., Recital Hall.
"This event is an incredible opportunity to learn from an international musician," said Cassandra Eisenreich, SRU associate professor of flute and music education. "She has a wealth of knowledge to share from her experiences as an international flute soloist."
All events are free and open to the public.
MEDIA CONTACT: Lesa Bressanelli | 724.738.2091 | firstname.lastname@example.org