SRU trustees to meet Dec. 9-10
Alfonso Angelucci, a member of the Slippery Rock University council of trustees, currently sits on both the council’s Academic and Student Affairs and University Advancement committees.
Dec. 7, 2021
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. — Slippery Rock University's council of trustees will meet Dec. 9-10. Committee meetings scheduled for both days, as well as the 11 a.m., Dec. 10 quarterly business meeting, will take place in the Smith Student Center, Room 321. For those who wish to attend the meetings but are unable to do so in person, a Zoom option is available with advanced registration. All meetings are open to the public.
Scheduled committee meetings include:
- Finance and Administrative Affairs, 12:30-2 p.m., Dec. 9.
- Governance, 2:15-3:15 p.m., Dec. 9.
- University Advancement, 3:15-4:15 p.m., Dec. 9.
- Academic and Student Affairs, 9:30-10:30 a.m., Dec. 10.
The agenda for the Finance and Administrative Affairs Committee includes:
- An update on administrative affairs from Amir Mohammadi, senior vice president for administration, global engagement and economic development.
- A presentation from David Jacobson of CliftonLarsonAllen regarding the University's 2021 audit results.
- A review of the affiliated entities: certification of compliance.
- A review of the proposed 2% tuition increase for academic year 2022-23.
- A review of SRU's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report from Kevin Sharkey, chief of University Police.
- An update on the University's budget from Carrie Birckbichler, chief financial and data officer.
- A review of personnel items from Lynne Motyl, chief human resources officer.
- A review of contracts, fixed assets and service and supply purchase orders; the quarterly financial report; and the facilities and planning project list.
The agenda for the Governance Committee includes:
- An update on the Pennsylvania Association of Councils of Trustees from Jeff Smith, SRU trustee.
- A discussion related to the annual evaluation of the president.
- Approval of the amended council bylaws.
- Information items for review include an updated University calendar.
The agenda for the University Advancement Committee includes:
- An update regarding the University's capital campaign from Dennis Washington, vice president for University advancement.
- Consideration of a motion to forward to the full council regarding a naming resolution for Room 207 of the Strain Safety Building in recognition of the in-kind gift the University received from Rockford Systems, LLC.
- Quarterly reports related to development, alumni relations and the SRU Foundation, Inc.
The agenda for the Academic and Student Affairs Committee includes:
- An update regarding academic affairs from Abbey Zink, provost and vice president for academic affairs.
- An enrollment update from Amanda Yale, chief enrollment management officer.
- A student affairs programming update from David Wilmes, chief student affairs officer.
At the quarterly business meeting, the council will hear the President's Report, receive reports from its standing committees, and review finance and divisional reports. The council will also receive a presentation from Karla Fonner, dean of students, regarding care coordination and behavioral intervention.
Scheduled action items include:
- Approval of the affiliated entities: certification of compliance.
- Approval of the naming resolution as it pertains to Rockford Systems, LLC.
- Approval of the council's amended bylaws.
- Approval of the evaluation of the president.
- Approval of the proposed 2% tuition increase for academic year 2022-23.
MEDIA CONTACT: Robb King | 724.738.2199 | email@example.com