SRU trustees to meet Dec. 12-13
From left, Matt Lautman, Slippery Rock University trustee, listens to fellow trustee William McCarrier during the council’s Sept. 27 quarterly business meeting.
Dec. 9, 2019
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. — Slippery Rock University's council of trustees will meet Dec. 12-13. Committee meetings will take place Dec. 12 in the Smith Student Center Theater. The quarterly business meeting is at 10 a.m. in the Smith Student Center Theater. All meetings are open to the public.
The Academic and Student Affairs Committee will meet at 1 p.m., Dec. 12. Scheduled items include:
• Hear an academic program proposal for a master's degree in recreational therapy from Deborah Hutchins, associate professor of parks, conservation and recreational therapy and chair of the department, and Betsy Kemeny, associate professor of parks, conservation and recreational therapy.
• View a presentation titled, "Success off the Field," from John Rindy, director of career education and development, and Andrea Grady, assistant athletic director and senior women's administrator, athletics.
• Receive academic programming updates from Jerry Chmielewski, interim provost and vice president for academic affairs, and Carrie Birckbichler, chief data officer.
The Finance Committee will meet at 2 p.m., Dec. 12. Scheduled items include:
• Receive an update on campus projects from Amir Mohammadi, senior vice president for administration, global engagement and economic development and interim vice president for advancement.
• Hear from Molly Mercer, chief financial officer, regarding the University's 2019-20 budget.
• Hear from Mercer and Amanda Yale, chief enrollment officer, regarding the University's proposed tuition rate and financial aid model.
• Review contracts, fixed assets and service and supply purchase orders; the quarterly financial report; the facilities and planning project list, and personnel appointments.
• Receive a presentation from David Jacobson of CliftonLarsonAllen regarding the University's financial statement and audit overview.
The University Advancement Committee will meet at 3:30 p.m., Dec. 12. Scheduled items include:
• Hear a resolution from William Behre, SRU president, in support of renaming the University's Career Education and Development Office the First National Bank Office of Career Education and Development.
• Hear updates from Mohammadi regarding the Gail Rose Lodge and President's Tent; and the search for a vice president for University advancement.
• Receive an update from Ed Bucha, executive director of Slippery Rock University Foundation, Inc., and Dennis Prescott, senior vice president of executive partners with Bentz Whaley Flessner, regarding a comprehensive fundraising campaign.
• Receive reports from advancement, foundation and alumni operations.
The Governance Committee will meet at 4:30 p.m., Dec. 12. Scheduled items include:
• Receive an update on the Pennsylvania Association of Councils from Jeff Smith, chair, SRU trustees.
• Discuss faculty involvement at COT meetings.
• Discuss a January retreat for the trustees.
At the quarterly business meeting, the council will hear the President's Report and receive reports from its standing committees. Scheduled action items include:
• Approval of the business agenda for the Dec. 13 meeting.
• Approval of the minutes from the Sept. 27 quarterly business meeting.
• Naming resolution: First National Bank.
• Master of Science in Recreational Therapy.
• Contracts, fixed assets and service and supply purchase orders.
• Affiliated entities: certification of compliance.
• Tuition rate and financial aid model.
At the quarterly business meeting, the council will hear the President's Report and receive reports from its standing committees. Action items include the approval of the business agenda for the Dec. 13 meeting and the minutes from the Sept. 27 quarterly business meeting; and those items forwarded by the committees for action by the full council.
MEDIA CONTACT: Robb King | 724.738.2199 | email@example.com