SRU Theatre cited with national commendation for ‘Making Melrose’
Jan. 4, 2023
Slippery Rock University’s Theatre Department was recognized by the Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival for “Making Melrose,” the virtual musical film that it commissioned in 2021.
SRU received national KCACTF commendations for the following categories:
- Distinguished Achievement in Company Collaboration.
- Distinguished Achievement in Costume Design for Rebecca Morrice, professor of theatre.
- Distinguished Achievement in Direction for Aaron Galligan-Stierle, assistant professor of theatre and the film’s director.
- Distinguished Achievement in Performance for cast members Alawna Mallory, a senior acting major from Crafton; Abby Malczon, a junior acting major from Cromwell, Connecticut; Shawn Faraoni, a junior acting major from Pittsburgh; and Gwen Lillycrop, a senior acting major from Westminster, Maryland.
- Distinguished Achievement in Video Design for DimlyWit Productions.
Through the regional and national festivals, KCACTF celebrates the achievements of theater programs, individual students and faculty of colleges and universities throughout the United States.