SRU dance students and alumni perform at Jacob's Pillow
Sept. 4, 2019
Twelve Slippery Rock University students and alumni were selected to perform at the American College Dance Association's Jacob's Pillow Inside/Out Series, Aug. 22.
SRU was one of only six ACDA's member institutions selected to perform at the event, an outdoor performance series hosted by Jacob's Pillow, a prestigious dance center, school and performance space located in Becket, Massachusetts, that is home to the longest running international dance festival in the United States.
Led by Jesse Factor, instructor of dance, SRU students performed "Celebration," a historical piece choreographed in 1934 by Martha Graham.
SRU students and alumni who participated were:
- Reva Adams, a junior dance major from Vero Beach, Florida.
- Taylor Andrekanic, a sophomore dual major in dance and communication from White Oak.
- Olivia Barner, a junior dual major in exercise science and dance from Hermitage.
- Jenée Ewing, a senior dual major in communication and dance from McKeesport.
- Faythe Lewis, a sophomore dual major in dance and recreational therapy from Tipton.
- Lauren McBarron, a senior dance major from Harrison City.
- Hailey Sanders, a junior dual major in exercise science and dance from Altoona.
- Olivia Shirley, a sophomore dual major in dance and psychology from New Kensington.
- Kaitlin Yankovich, a sophomore dance major from Ridgway.
- Skylar Smith, a freshman dance major from Walworth, New York, as an understudy.
- Victoria Homschek, a 2019 graduate with a degree in dance and theatre design and technology.
- Molly Huey, a 2019 graduate with a degree in dance and communication.
- Kaitlin Kulasa, a 2019 graduate with a degree in dance.