SRU announces 2023-24 Claire Schmieler Institute for Professional Women Cohort
Oct. 3, 2023
Slippery Rock University has announced the 2023-24 cohort for the Claire Schmieler Institute for Professional Women, which prepares non-faculty women for leadership opportunities within SRU and other higher education institutions.
The institute is returning to SRU after a four-year hiatus. It was established in 2003 through the vision of the now retired Assistant Vice President of Student Affairs Claire Schmieler and her late husband, Bob. Amanda Nichols, SRU payroll and student employment manager, is leading the institute with a focus on building communication, negotiation skills, resume building, goals, completing a service project and more.
The 2023-24 cohort includes:
- Sharyl Vaugh, manager of student accounts.
- Maranda Stack, associate director of student support.
- Elizabeth Kline, health promotions coordinator.
- Kelly Patton, clerical assistant 2 for human resources//payroll.
- Kathleen Lawrence, management technician for graduate admissions.
- Christine Williams, administrative assistant for the College of Health Professions.
- Emily McClaine, associate director of academic success.
- Catherine Fuhs, management technician for the College of Education.
- Cara Kriebel, director of financial planning and analysis.
- Aubrey Rader, assistant director of student organizations and leadership.
- Amber Djan, clerical assistant 2 for the Counseling Center.
- Carrie Peluso, benefits and transactions manager for human resources.