Special Education Teacher

Train Yourself to Better Help People

SRU's program in Applied Behavior Analysis helps you support individuals with exceptionalities

Special Education: Applied Behavioral Analysis (Master of Education)

Offered by: Special Education

Special Education Badge VCS Badge

Are you empathetic and caring, kind and patient? If you enjoy helping others, consider becoming a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). BCBA's can support all persons with exceptionalities and have been instrumental in the support of persons having Autism Spectrum Disorders. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, behavior analyst jobs are growing rapidly and the overall employment rate is expected to grow much faster than the average for all professions combined between 2012 and 2022.


Slippery Rock University's M.Ed. in Special Education with a concentration in Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) is a 36-39 credit program aimed at training practitioners in Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) services consistent with the standards set forth through the Behavior Analysis Certification Board (BACB). The Behavior Analyst Certification Board, Inc.® has verified the course sequence listed under curriculum as meeting the coursework requirements for eligibility to take the Board Certified Behavior Analyst Examination. Applicants will have to meet additional requirements to qualify. Upon successful completion, students will meet to eligibility requirements to take the Board Certified Behavior Analyst Exam.


Slippery Rock University's Master of Education in Special Education with a concentration in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) offers:

  • 100% Online courses
  • World class faculty considered to be the leaders in Special Education in Pennsylvania
  • A program curriculum grounded in theory and research supported by a practical, hands-on approach
  • Course sequence alignment with the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) that meets eligibility requirements to take the Board Certified Behavior Analyst Exam


*If you are requesting review of your graduate transcripts for transfer of credit, please complete the transfer of credit form and submit to the Office of Graduate Admissions with official graduate transcripts. Please review SRU's transfer of credit policy.