Management: Human ResourcesOffered by: Marketing and Management
According to the 2019 LinkedIn Grads Guide to Getting Hired, business administration and management is one of the most versatile majors.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, "Employment of business and financial operations occupations is projected to grow 10 percent from 2016 to 2026, faster than the average for all occupations, adding about 773,800 new jobs."
Our graduates land a variety of jobs. In the Slippery Rock University School of Business Alumni LinkedIn group, you will find alumni with careers as human resources professionals, mortgage analysts, small business owners, information technology data specialists, sales managers, marketing managers, real estate bankers, support engineers and senior director of operations, just to name a few.
Why Choose Management: Human Resources?
The top five reasons you should choose Management at SRU:
- Small class sizes: Our average class size is 25 students with faculty members who are available to answer your questions and guide you to success. Every undergraduate is assigned an academic adviser to guide them through their program of study and help them make decisions about educational and career goals.
- Experienced faculty: Students are taught by full-time faculty members, not graduate assistants, who bring real-life, research/industry experiences to enhance your learning.
- International experiences: Every year our faculty members lead student groups to a variety of countries around the world for study abroad opportunities.
- Career opportunities: Our graduates work for a variety of industry leaders including UPMC, PNC, BNY Mellon, Allegheny Health Network, SAP Ariba, Amazon, Highmark, ADP and many more.
- Accreditation: Our program is fully accredited by The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs and we are in the process of being fully accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Accreditation means that our program meets or exceeds the industry standards developed by experts in the field.
What Will You Learn?
You will learn a strong foundation in business administration and management and technical and practical skills in accounting, finance, economics, operations, international management, human resources management and marketing. You will improve your critical-thinking and problem-solving skills. Our program will provide you with a strong set of skills to be a successful professional and become an ethical and effective business leader
Careers In Management: Human Resources
Graduates have secured careers in the following areas:
- Human resources coordinator at The Tomayko Group
- Senior analyst derivatives at BNY Mellon
- Associate team lead, Mobility at Aires
- Employment specialist at UPMC
- Human resources coordinator for Enterprise Holdings
- Senior director operations, truck brokerage at Hub Group
- Senior operations manager at NT Concepts
- Information technology account manager at AEC Group
Clubs & Organizations
Alpha Kappa Psi
Slippery Rock University's Collegiate Chapter of the American Marketing Association
Society For Advancement of Management