About the BS in Health Care Administration and Management (HCAM)
Do you work in the healthcare industry and want to complete a four year degree for advancement opportunities? - OR - Do you want to start a new career that helps others, while attaining professional success in one of the nation’s largest and diverse industries?
SRU's online BS (Bachelor of Science) in the Health Care Administration and Management degree completion program may be a great fit for you!
The BS in Health Care Administration and Management online degree completion program provides the necessary flexibility to earn your college degree, while balancing classes with other personal and professional obligations. With the online class format and flexible program progression, you can complete the HCAM degree on your schedule.
Why a BS in Health Care Administration and Management (HCAM)
If you want to become a leader in America's largest and fastest growing industry, the HCAM degree is perfect for you. HCAM is also perfect for those who are currently a clinical professional (physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, therapists, technicians, and other medical professionals) who wish to purse leadership roles within their disciplines. As the US population ages and the number of Americans with access to health care expands, the demand for professionals in the health care industry increases. Health care administrators and managers work with doctors, nurses and other health service professionals to enable the health care system to run smoothly and efficiently. With a degree in HCAM you will open a variety of professional opportunities.
As an HCAM major at SRU, you will gain a comprehensive education in health care delivery and insurance systems from industry-experienced faculty. You will learn about leadership, health care ethics, legal and regulatory environments, healthcare information systems, healthcare economics, and the foundations of health services research.
Admissions Requirements for the Online Health Care Administration and Management Program
To be considered for admission to this program, students must have completed a minimum of 45 college-level credits from an SRU-recognized accredited program, which must include the equivalent of the following SRU courses:
- English Writing Proficiency: Students must transfer the equivalency of SRU’s ENGL 102 Critical Writing course
- Math Proficiency: Students must transfer the equivalency of a college-level mathematics course
- Computer Competency: Students must transfer the equivalency of SRU’s CPSC 110 – Computer Concepts
- GPA Requirement: Students must have earned a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher from all post-secondary institutions attended
- A sufficient number of Liberal Studies, general education courses, as determined by the Transfer Admissions office
- Students must be in good academic standing at most recent institution