SRU trustees to meet March 23-24
Slippery Rock University's council of trustees will meet March 23-24, in the Russell Wright Alumni House and Conference Center, for its regular quarterly meetings.
March 20, 2023
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. — Slippery Rock University's council of trustees will meet March 23-24, in the Russell Wright Alumni House and Conference Center. Committee meetings are scheduled for both days. The quarterly business meeting is at 11 a.m., March 24. For those who wish to attend the meetings but are unable to do so in person, a Zoom option is available with advanced registration. All meetings are open to the public.
Scheduled committee meetings include:
- Academic and Student Affairs, 2-3 p.m., March 23.
- Finance and Administrative Affairs, 3:15-4:30 p.m., March 23.
- Governance, 8:30-9:30 a.m., March 24.
- University Advancement, 9:30-10:30 a.m., March 24.
The agenda for the Academic and Student Affairs Committee includes presentations from the following administrators from their respective areas:
- Michael Zieg, interim provost and vice president for academic affairs.
- Keith Dils, dean of the College of Education (college showcase).
- Anthony Jones, chief diversity officer.
- Amanda Yale, chief enrollment management officer.
- David Wilmes, chief student affairs officer.
The agenda for the Finance and Administrative Affairs Committee includes:
- A presentation about the Green Fund by Scott Albert, associate vice president for facilities, environmental safety and sustainability.
- A financial update by Carrie Birckbichler, vice president for finance and administration.
- An action item regarding the capital budget.
- Information items regarding functional costs, contracts, financial reports, facilities and planning projects, human resources personnel items and a divisional report.
The agenda for the Governance Committee includes:
- An update on the Pennsylvania Association of Councils of Trustees from Jeff Smith, SRU trustee.
- A review of the student trustee selection process by Brooklyn Graham, an SRU senior political science major from Ford City and SRU student trustee.
- A resolution honoring Graham for her service to the COT.
- Nomination of council officers for academic year 2023-24.
- Information items regarding upcoming events, enrollment management recruitment and career fairs, and a review of council bylaws.
The agenda for the University Advancement Committee includes presentations from the following administrators from their respective areas:
- Samantha Swift, interim vice president of university advancement.
- Kelly Bailey, director of alumni engagement.
- Dave Hollenbaugh, executive director of the SRU Foundation, Inc.
- Scott Albert, associate vice president for facilities, environmental safety and sustainability.
At the quarterly business meeting, the council will hear the President's Report, receive reports from its standing committees, and review finance and divisional reports. The council will also receive a presentation about student involvement from Lauren Moran, director of student engagement and leadership.
Scheduled action items include:
- Approval of the University's capital budget submissions for fiscal year 2023-24.
More information, including a link to meeting materials, is available on the council of trustees webpage.
MEDIA CONTACT: Justin Zackal | 724.738.4854 | email@example.com