SRU releases academic calendar for spring 2021 semester
Slippery Rock University has updated its spring 2021 academic calendar, which includes classes beginning Jan. 19 and concluding April 26.
Sept. 15, 2020
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. — Slippery Rock University today announced changes to its spring 2021 academic calendar.
While the first day of classes, Jan. 19, remains the same as previously published on the SRU website, there are other alterations and notable date changes, including the removal of spring break and the semester concluding a week earlier, April 26. Final exams will take place April 27-30.
"We're announcing these dates now so that students can start preparing for 2021 as they continue progressing toward graduating," said Amanda Yale, chief enrollment management officer. "As we navigate through the pandemic, it's important for our students to be aware of the important dates that are put into place to keep them on track to success."
"Just as we're doing with fall break during the fall 2020 semester, we will not have a spring break in 2021," said Abbey Zink, provost and vice president for academic affairs. "This decision was made in an effort to create a compressed spring semester by finishing one week earlier and to keep students who are studying on campus closer to the University as we continue our mitigation efforts during the COVID-19 pandemic."
The following are notable dates for the 2021 spring semester:
- Jan. 19, classes begin (8 a.m.).
- Jan. 26, last day to drop/add class on MySRU.
- Jan. 27, withdrawal period begins.
- Feb. 1, last day to add class with professor's approval.
- Feb. 1, last day to select grade option.
- March 4, midterm grades are due (noon).
- March 29, withdrawal deadline for full semester classes.
- March 29, summer 2021 and fall 2021 registration begins.
- April 9, summer 2021 and fall 2021 registration ends.
- April 26, last day of classes.
- April 27-30, final exams.
- May 1, commencement (10 a.m.)
- May 4, final grades are due (3 p.m.)
All available academic calendars can be accessed on the SRU website. For more information, contact the Office of Academic Records and Registration by visiting its webpage, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 724.738.2010.
MEDIA CONTACT: Justin Zackal | 724.738.4854 | email@example.com