Academic Records and Registration

The Office of Academic Records and Registration provides SRU students and alumni with registrar-related services, particularly course registration and Slippery Rock transcript requests.

Transcript Requests

If you need a transcript from Slippery Rock, please refer to the Parchment online ordering option on our Academic Records transcript page. This is the best option for students or alumni to request a SRU transcript quickly and easily. Please note: Students with a "hold" on their account will not be able to conduct their transcript request until that "hold" is resolved.

Course Registration at SRU

Registration for courses at Slippery Rock is completed through the MySRU platform. Important dates for registering, dropping, or withdrawing from courses can be found on the Academic Calendars page. If students need more information about SRU registration, they should consult the Registration resource page, reach out to their academic advisor, or contact the Office of Academic Records and Registration team.

Course Withdrawal

The decision to withdraw from one or more courses should always be made in consultation with your academic advisor. In addition to affecting academic progress, full-time students who withdraw from courses and drop below full-time status in a semester may be subject to financial aid consequences. We advise that you contact the Financial Aid office before withdrawing to determine if doing so will affect your financial aid.

The Course Withdrawal form is now fully automated. Once the student submits their request, the form will be forwarded through DocuSign to the course instructor for the student's last date of attendance. The student's academic advisor and the department chairperson of the course will receive a copy of the student's request. Once the instructor approves the request, the form is forwarded to the Office of Academic Records & Registration for processing.

SRU Academic Forms

The Office of Academic Records and Registration has various processes for student recordkeeping; view a central list of academic record forms including major and minor declaration and forms for visiting students. If a student needs to forward a form for signature to another academic department, they should use their SRU email account to do so. 

If a student requires Proof of Enrollment, they can utilize the self-service verification process through MySRU in most cases. Specific instructions can be found on our Enrollment Verification page

View our Frequently Asked Questions for detailed information on taking classes at another college or university, changing addresses, withdrawing from a class, and officially changing your major.


If you have further questions about SRU registration, requesting a transcript from Slippery Rock, or any other inquiries, the Office of Academic Records and Registration is happy to assist you by phone 724.738.2010 or contact us by email.

Office Location: 107 Old Main

Office Hours:

  • Fall and Spring semesters
    Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
  • Winter Term
    Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m
  • Summer Term
    Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.