SRU trustees to meet Sept. 28-29
Slippery Rock University’s council of trustees will meet Sept. 28-29 in the Russell Wright Alumni House and Conference Center.
Sept. 25, 2023
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa.— Slippery Rock University's council of trustees will meet Sept. 28-29 in the Russell Wright Alumni House and Conference Center. Committee meetings are scheduled for both days. The quarterly business meeting is at 9:30 a.m., Sept. 29. For those who wish to attend the meetings but are unable to do so in person, a Zoom option is available with advanced registration. All meetings are open to the public.
Scheduled committee meetings include:
- Academic and Student Affairs, 2-3 p.m., Sept. 28.
- Finance and Administrative Affairs, 3:15-4:30 p.m., Sept. 28.
- University Advancement, 8:30-9 a.m., Sept. 29.
- Governance, 9-9:30 a.m., Sept. 29.
The agenda for the Academic and Student Affairs Committee includes:
- A presentation by Michael Zieg, interim provost and vice president for academic affairs.
- A presentation by Anthony Jones, chief diversity officer.
- A presentation by Amanda Yale, chief enrollment management officer.
- A presentation by David Wilmes, chief student affairs officer.
- A discussion about the Expressive Activities Policy and the two-year residence requirement.
The agenda for the Finance and Administrative Affairs Committee includes:
- A financial update by Carrie Birckbichler, vice president for finance and administration.
- An update about employee retention and satisfaction by Holly McCoy, interim chief human resources officer.
- An update about the Green Fund by Scott Albert, associate vice president for facilities, environmental safety and sustainability.
- Administrative updates on comprehensive planning, contracts, financial reports, facilities and planning projects, human resources personnel items and a divisional report.
The agenda for the Governance Committee includes:
- An update on the Pennsylvania Association of Councils of Trustees from Jeff Smith, SRU trustee.
- A discussion of upcoming events and a review of council bylaws.
The agenda for the University Advancement Committee includes presentations from the following administrators:
- Samantha Swift, interim vice president of university advancement.
- Kelly Bailey, director of alumni engagement.
- Dave Hollenbaugh, executive director of the SRU Foundation, Inc.
Cierra Mitchell, a trustee and political science major, and Dallas Jackson, associate professor of physical and health education will also give presentations about innovations inside and outside the classroom to the council. The trustees will also receive the President's Report, reports from its standing committees, and other informational updates.
Scheduled action items include:
- A vote on the fiscal year 2023-24 proposed budget request.
- A vote on the Green Fund resolution.
More information, including a link to meeting materials, is available on the council of trustees webpage.
MEDIA CONTACT: Justin Zackal | 724.738.4854 | email@example.com