SRU Theatre Department to perform ‘M4M,’ Nov. 17-20
Slippery Rock University’s newest theater production is “M4M” with shows beginning Nov. 17.
Nov. 13, 2023
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. — Slippery Rock University's Theatre Department will present its newest production titled "M4M" with four shows, Nov. 17-20 at the Performing Arts Center's Miller Theater. Co-directed by Laura Smiley, associate professor of theatre, and Noah Reed, a 2023 SRU graduate, "M4M" is a twist on William Shakespeare's comedic tragedy "Measure for Measure," and has been reworked to reflect current social issues in an upfront way.
Show times and dates are 7:30 p.m., Nov. 17-18 and Nov. 20, and 2 p.m., Nov. 19. It is intended for mature audiences. Tickets are $12 for SRU students and $15 general admission. Tickets can be purchased be purchased online at sru.edu/tickets or in person at the Miller Theater ticket counter up to one hour before each performance.
"This isn't your average Shakespeare show," said Reed, who earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Acting from SRU in May. "We took Shakespeare's text, ripped it apart, put it back together and made something entirely new with it. We've been working on this since May and have been experimenting with numerous ways to tell this story until we found the way we like best. We don't expect everyone to understand everything perfectly, but we can assure that you'll be entertained."
The cast of "M4M" includes:
- Zoey Case, a sophomore acting major from Pittsburgh, plays the role of Isabella.
- Hailey Herrmann, a senior acting major from Cranberry Township, as Izzy.
- Maya Gensler, a senior acting major from Germantown, Maryland, as Bella.
- Maxwell Medford, a sophomore acting major from Slippery Rock, as the Duke.
- Heath Chase, a sophomore acting major from Monroeville, as Angelo.
- Gabriel Craig, a junior acting major from Easton, as Claudio.
- Joseph Ganchuk, a junior acting major from Saltsburg, as Lucio.
- Rin Smith, a junior acting major from Plymouth Meeting, as Provost.
- Julian Patterson, a senior theatre major from Houston, as Escalus.
- Qwali Chatman, a freshman acting major from Slippery Rock, as Bawd.
- Roberto Jose Fajardo, a senior theatre major from Mechanicsburg, as Kate Keepdown.
- Caroline Caldwell, a freshman acting major from Lexington, Kentucky, as Pompey.
- Madelyn Buffone, a freshman acting major from Ernest, as Mariana.
- David McGrogan, a sophomore acting major from Carnegie, as Elbow.
- Thorn Fitzgerald, a freshman acting major from Clifton Park, New York, as Froth.
- Jacob Taylor, a freshman acting major from Collegeville, as Abhorrson.
- Lily Joseph, a freshman acting major from Oviedo, Florida, as Juliet.
- Michael Cannistraci, a senior theatre major from Port Allegany, will be playing Friar Thomas
The creative team for "M4M" includes:
- Fajardo as the assistant director.
- Rachel Dercola, a junior theatre major from Sykesville, Maryland, as the stage manager.
- Kadence Storms, a freshman theatre major from Shohola, as the assistant stage manager.
- Abby Weiser, a freshman theatre major from Bellefonte, as the assistant stage manager.
- Sam Kuchta, an assistant professor of theatre, as the scenic designer.
- Isaac Smith, a sophomore theatre major from Edinboro, as the lighting designer.
- Isaac Perez, a junior theatre major from Slippery Rock, as the sound designer.
- Michael Boone, SRU technical director.
- Rebecca Morrice, SRU professor of theatre, as the costume designer.
- Mary Hodson, SRU costumer coordinator.
- Maison Kairush, a senior theatre major from Canonsburg, as the assistant costume designer.
- Alex Barnhart, SRU assistant technical director.
- Kari-Anne Innes, SRU assistant professor of theater, as box office coordinator.
- Maya Gensler as the publicists.
For more information about theatre programs at SRU, visit the Theatre Department webpage.
MEDIA CONTACT: Aaliyah Thomas | 724.738.4854 | firstname.lastname@example.org