SRU trustees to meet Dec. 8-9
Slippery Rock University’s council of trustees will conduct its quarterly business meeting, 11 a.m., Dec. 9, in the Russell Wright Alumni House.
Dec. 6, 2022
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa.— Slippery Rock University's council of trustees will meet Dec. 8-9. The quarterly business meeting will be held 11 a.m., Dec. 9. All committee meetings will take place in the Russell Wright Alumni House. For those who wish to attend the meetings but are unable to do so in person, a Zoom option is available with advanced registration. All meetings are open to the public.
Scheduled committee meetings include:
- Academic and Student Affairs, 2-3 p.m., Dec. 8.
- Finance and Administrative Affairs, 3:15-4:30 p.m., Dec. 8.
- Governance, 8:30-9:30 a.m., Dec. 9.
- University Advancement, 9:30-10:30 a.m., Dec. 9.
The agenda for the Academic and Student Affairs Committee includes presentations on their respective area by:
- Christine Karshin, dean, College of Health Professions.
- Anthony Jones, chief diversity officer.
- Amanda Yale, chief enrollment management officer.
- David Wilmes, chief student affairs officer.
The agenda for the Finance and Administrative Affairs Committee includes the following presentations:
- A report of 2021-22 audit results presented by David Jacobson of CliftonLarsonAllen.
- A presentation about the Rock Life program by Natalie Burick, director of disability services.
- An annual security report and Clery Act report by Kevin Sharkey, director and chief of University Police.
- A financial review of the first quarter of the 2022-23 fiscal year by Carrie Birckbichler, vice president for finance and administration.
The agenda for the Governance Committee includes:
- An update on the Pennsylvania Association of Councils of Trustees from Jeff Smith, SRU trustee.
- A presidential search committee update from Smith.
The agenda for the University Advancement Committee includes updates from:
- Samantha Swift, interim vice president for university advancement.
- Kelly Bailey, director of alumni engagement.
- Dawson Gehley, a sophomore communication major, from the Green & White Society.
- Dave Hollenbaugh, executive director, SRU Foundation, Inc.
At the quarterly business meeting, the council will hear the President's Report, receive reports from its standing committees, and review finance and divisional reports and other informational items. The council will also present a commendation to Sgt. David Duffey, a senior dual criminology and criminal justice and psychology major, in recognition of his act of bravery to save a person's life on Oct. 16.
Scheduled action items include the proposed approvals of:
- Affiliated entities' certification of compliance.
- Fee rate for the Rock Life program.
- Naming resolution for the Campus Success Center.
- Naming resolution to rename the Recreational Therapy in Patterson Hall the Dr. Deborah Hutchins Recreational Therapy Lab.
- Danette Dimarco, professor of languages, literatures, cultures and writing, as the new SRU faculty liaison to the council of trustees, replacing Lia Paradis, professor of history.
- Recommending candidates for the presidential search to the Board of Governors.
The complete meeting agenda and information is available on the meeting material binder.
MEDIA CONTACT: Justin Zackal | 724.738.4854 | firstname.lastname@example.org