Apply for First-Year Students
Congratulations on your decision to apply to SRU! Be sure to check out the "Admission Requirements" tab on the left.
For students who are unable to sit for the SAT or ACT exam because of test cancellations due to COVID-19:
Slippery Rock University will evaluate applications based on high school performance. This applies to students applying for the Fall 2020 term with a 3.20 GPA or higher and includes both those students who were planning on taking the SAT/ACT for the first time and those looking to retest. Test scores will be accepted for applicants who were able to sit for a previous exam date, but for all others the high school transcript, including grades and rigor will be evaluated in lieu of test scores.
Before submitting your application, please read the following important items:
- Online applications are typically processed more quickly than printed applications.
- Please make note of the user ID and password you create, in case you need to return to your application at a later date.
- Creating multiple IDs, passwords, or applications will slow down our ability to process your application.
- Your application will not be reviewed until we have received the $30 application fee and received your official high school transcripts and official test scores (SAT or ACT).
- International Students should utilize International Admissions for appropriate information.
Online Application: Please follow the step-by-step online application process.
Print Application: Please complete required information and mail it, along with your $30 application fee to the Office of Admissions.