Congratulations, admitted students!
Scroll through this page to check out our special on-campus and virtual events for admitted students!
These events are designed to help students make their final college decision or for students who already committed and are looking to learn more about SRU.
Please note that our admitted student events are separate from Orientation which is a mandatory program for students who are committed to attending SRU.
FALL 2021 CAMPUS REOPENING PLANS
Slippery Rock University has unveiled its plans for the fall 2021 semester with full consideration to the evolving circumstances pertaining to the COVID-19 pandemic. SRU is planning for a "more traditional college experience," when classes begin Aug. 23, according to University officials.
SRU's fall 2021 semester plan includes the following:
- Residence halls will be operating at near capacity but with no more than two students to a room. For fall 2021, we expect to have more than 2,300 residents on campus. More Housing info for new students can be found on the Housing webpage and in this video from Mimi Campbell, Associate Director for Housing Accommodations.
- In-person dining will resume.
- SRU will offer substantially more face-to-face courses, accounting for more than 80% of all instruction.
- A return to in-person, co-curricular activities.
- Student-athletes will compete in intercollegiate athletic events, and those contests will include some form of fan attendance.
- Study-abroad programs will likely recommence as travel restrictions are lifted, albeit with fewer students.
To accommodate more in-person classes, the University is increasing the number of rooms on campus that can more safely host classes. This will include adjusting learning spaces to feature socially distanced seating configurations and plexiglass barriers. SRU will also have enhanced cleaning procedures that will not only increase the frequency of cleaning but feature the addition of more than 125 ionization units that have been shown to eliminate 99% of viruses, bacteria and molds.
"Our goal is to operate in a more traditional fashion in the fall, one that maximizes in-person opportunities for living, learning, and socializing," SRU President William Behre said. "Our decision-making is driven by an assumption that most of our community will be vaccinated by the start of classes in August.
Admitted Students Day - On Campus
Our in-person Admitted Students Days will offer small groups of admitted students and two of their guests the opportunity to learn more about campus life and support services, connect with current students and staff, the option to meet individually with financial aid, tour campus, and more!
We are offering two groups in the morning at two different locations on campus and two groups in the afternoon in two different locations on campus for social distancing purposes. Each event will include the same itinerary.
Choose an 8:30am or 1:30pm time slot. Due to limited capacity, these events fill up quickly! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about registration.
- Saturday, February 20
- Saturday, March 13
- Saturday, April 10
- Saturday, April 24 - EVENT IS FULL - EMAIL ASKTHEROCK@SRU.EDU TO BE ADDED TO A WAITLIST.
- Students are only able to bring up to 2 guests with them to campus. Contact information will be collected for these guests during registration.
- Social distancing measures will be in place at each location.
- Masks are required in all campus buildings and during campus tours.
- Parking passes are not needed for these events.
Admitted Students Day - Virtual
Thursday, March 25th at 6:30pm (EST) on Zoom
We understand that due to circumstances surrounding the pandemic that students and families may not feel comfortable visiting campus or may find it more convenient to connect with us virtually. If you can’t join us in person, connect with us virtually!
Our virtual Admitted Students Day will provide students and families the opportunity to learn about how students are supported outside of the classroom, to go over financial aid and scholarships, and get any other pressing questions answered by our staff and current SRU students as you make your final college decision.
Faculty Information Sessions - Virtual
The goal of these sessions on Zoom is to allow admitted students and families to meet a faculty member from their academic department of interest to help finalize and/or reaffirm their major decision. You’ll learn about the curriculum, how faculty support students, internship opportunities, clubs and organizations, and more!
- Tuesday, February 16 at 5:30pm (EST)
- Tuesday, March 9 at 5:30pm (EST)
- Tuesday, March 23 at 5:30pm (EST)
- Tuesday, April 6 at 5:30pm (EST)
Advanced Placement & College in High School Coursework Informational Sessions - Virtual
If you have or will be taking the AP exam in any content area or will be bringing college-level coursework with you into your freshmen year, join us for an informative Zoom session to:
- Learn where to send scores and/or transcripts
- Understand how we evaluate equivalencies into our curriculum
- Seek advice on what courses to take that will count toward degree completion
- Discover how equivalencies may impact your freshmen year schedule when registering for Orientation
Register by clicking one of the dates below. The student and parent email used during registration will receive a confirmation email with additional details.
Questions? Email Kaila Hazinakis, Assistant Director of First-Year/Transfer Admissions, at email@example.com
Individual Admissions Appointments - On Campus
Can’t make it to any of our scheduled on-campus or virtual admitted student events? We are happy to host your family Monday-Friday and connect you with a member of our admissions team. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an individual visit to campus.
*For our in-person events: Please note that if temperatures are forecasted below 0 degrees Fahrenheit, the wind chill is 0 degrees Fahrenheit, campus tours will be canceled and a virtual tour will be available for visitors. If visits or campus tours are canceled or delayed due to inclement weather, all registrants will be contacted by email, text and phone.