Congratulations on your admission!
Check out the optional events just for admitted students for 2023. Be sure to read through all of your options and review important next steps for admitted students at the bottom of this page.
Faculty Information Sessions
Did you get the chance to meet with a faculty member from your intended major? If not, this is a great way to learn how faculty support and advise students and to learn more detailed information about coursework, internships, clubs and organizations and more. These sessions are held in conjunction with our Admitted Student Days below in case you want to spend the weekend with us at SRU!
- Friday, February 17, 2023 at 3:00pm*
- Friday, March 3, 2023 at 3:00pm*
- Friday, April 7, 2023 at 3:00pm*
*Optional campus tours available at 1:30pm.
Admitted Students Days
Whether you are still in the process of making your final college decision or already committed to SRU, this event is designed for students and families to learn more about The Rock. Not only will students get time with current SRU students and parents/guardians with staff from various campus departments, you’ll learn about Housing, how SRU prepares students for life after college, have the opportunity to meet individually with financial aid, tour campus and residence halls, and more!
- Saturday, February 18, 2023 at 9:00am
- Saturday, March 4, 2023 at 9:00am
- Saturday, April 8, 2023 at 9:00am
Multicultural Admitted Students Days
This special event welcomes admitted students and families from historically underrepresented and underserved groups to explore SRU.
How is this different than the Admitted Student Days? Families will learn about the multicultural student experience and be introduced to academic and campus life services committed to supporting a diverse student body. The day will also include financial aid session for parents, meeting with current students, a mock class, tour of campus and lunch in our dining hall.
Students who are interested in meeting with faculty from their academic department can register for the Faculty Information Session that will occur directly after the event at 3:00pm.
- Friday, March 3, 2023 at 8:00am
- Friday, April 7, 2023 at 8:00am
Individual Admissions Appointments
Can't make the events above but you want to visit campus? We are happy to host your family Monday-Friday with a member of our admissions team. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an individual visit to campus. Be sure to include a few dates and times you're looking to schedule your visit.
Important Next Steps as an Admitted Student
- Ready to commit to SRU? Log back into your SRU application portal and submit your Reply to Offer form and $90 enrollment deposit. Once you submit your enrollment deposit, you'll receive your SRU login within two days. You will need this login to apply for Housing and register for Orientation.
- File your FAFSA and list Slippery Rock University – code: 003327. SRU will begin mailing financial aid packages by Thanksgiving.
- Check out and register for an Admitted Student Day and/or a Faculty Information Session! These events are optional but strongly encouraged to attend.
- The Office of Orientation begins mailing invitations on a regular basis in early December for our first-year student programs in Spring and June. Orientation is mandatory for all new students and recommend you check out the First-Year Student Orientation page for more information.
- The Housing Office will begin to communicate with you via your SRU email later in the fall. Be sure to check your SRU email on a regular basis! We recommend checking out the Housing page for more information.
- Do you have Advanced Placement, College in High School, and/or Dual Enrollment coursework? Be sure to check out the resources available on the Transfer Admissions webpage which outlines how SRU processes both AP exam scores and college credits toward a student's degree completion requirements. In order to make the most of this important transition for you and your credits, know that Transfer Admissions is available to provide insight, advice and critical information as you select coursework or exams to take.