Congratulations on your admission!
Check out the optional events just for admitted students for 2024. Be sure to read through all of your options and review the important next steps for admitted students at the bottom of this page.
Faculty Information Sessions and Admitted Student Days:
Faculty Information Sessions:
Did you get the chance to meet with a faculty member from your intended major? If not, this is a great way to learn how faculty support and advise students and information about coursework, internships, clubs and organizations and more!
The Faculty Information Sessions (Fridays) are held in conjunction with Admitted Students Day (Saturdays) in case you want to spend the weekend at SRU! Register for a Faculty Information Session.
Admitted Student Days:
Whether you are still in the process of making your final college decision or already committed to SRU, this event is designed for students and families to learn more about The Rock.
Not only will students get time with current SRU students and parents/guardians with staff from various campus departments, you’ll learn:
- about Housing
- how SRU prepares students for life after college
- have the opportunity to meet individually with financial aid
- tour campus (including our residence halls)
- and more!
Register for an Admitted Student Day.
Daily Campus Visits
Our Daily Campus Visit includes a 45-minute admissions presentation with one of our admissions counselors. You will learn about what SRU has to offer academically and outside of the classroom, the admissions process, financial aid, scholarships, and more! The presentation is followed by a campus tour with a current SRU student. Register online for a Daily Campus Visit.
Important Next Steps as an Admitted Student
- Ready to commit to SRU? Log back into your SRU application portal and submit your Reply to Offer form and $90 enrollment deposit. Once you submit your enrollment deposit, you'll receive your SRU login within two days. You will need this login to apply for Housing and register for Orientation.
- File your FAFSA and list Slippery Rock University – code: 003327. SRU will begin mailing financial aid packages starting in January.
- Check out and register for an Admitted Student Day and/or a Faculty Information Session! These events are optional but strongly encouraged to attend.
- The Office of Orientation begins mailing invitations on a regular basis in early December for our first-year student programs in Spring and June. Orientation is mandatory for all new students and recommend you check out the First-Year Student Orientation page for more information.
- The Housing Office will begin communicating with you via your SRU email later in the fall. Be sure to check your SRU email on a regular basis! We recommend checking out the Housing page for more information.
- Do you have Advanced Placement, College in High School, and/or Dual Enrollment coursework? Be sure to check out the resources available on the Transfer Admissions webpage which outlines how SRU processes both AP exam scores and college credits toward a student's degree completion requirements. In order to make the most of this important transition for you and your credits, know that Transfer Admissions is available to provide insight, advice, and critical information as you select coursework or exams to take.