High School Counselors
Slippery Rock University High School Counselor Day
- Friday, December 1
- 9:00 am-2:00 pm
The Admissions Team would like to invite High School Counselors to join us for the opportunity to learn about updates to SRU’s student success, career initiatives, and admissions while providing you time to connect with campus staff, students, and faculty. You will hear from Career Education and Development, learn about the new FAFSA filing process, speak with representatives from the Student Health Center and Disability Services, participate in an academic demonstration with SRU faculty and students in our newly renovated Engineering labs, eat lunch with current staff and students and more!
Important Admission & Financial Aid Resources For Students Considering SRU
- SRU's admission requirements and application process are available here.
- If a student is enrolled in a free or reduced lunch program, school counselors can send an email, indicating such, to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to waive the student's application fee. Counselors should include the student's full name in the email.
- Transcripts can be sent by school counselors through e-mail, Parchment, Naviance or traditional mail.
- We are test-optional through 2024. Students can still submit their test scores but it is not required for admission.
- If your student is Pittsburgh Promise eligible and you have questions, please contact Karla Romero, Assistant Director for Multicultural Recruitment, at email@example.com.
- Slippery Rock University's Admissions Counselors are on the road and heading your way. Please encourage your students to stop by and see us at a high school visit or college fair!
Undergraduate Admissions Mailing Address
Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
1 Morrow Way
Slippery Rock, PA 16057
Included below are additional resources that will help explain the requirements, outline the process, and give graduating students a head-start in beginning their college education. We recommend counselors to explore these resources with their students to make their upcoming transition simple and encouraging!