High School Counselors
Offices on campus are currently closed but our admission staff are working remotely and encourage you to contact us with any questions you may have while on-campus visits are suspended.Please contact us Monday-Friday 8am-4pm at email@example.com or 724.738.2015.
Important resource to share with high school seniors and families:
On our first-year student webpage, we have a living document containing updates to keep families informed as they navigate the college search and enrollment process. This document may also be useful for you as you have conversations with your seniors.
All on-campus events and visits are canceled until further notice.
Offices on campus are closed but our admission staff are working remotely and encourage you to contact us with any questions you may have while on-campus visits are suspended. Please contact us Monday-Friday 8am-4pm at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724.738.2015.
Click here to register and receive our virtual admission presentation that can be viewed at your convenience. This virtual presentation is the same information students would receive if they were visiting us on-campus.
Do your students need a personal Zoom session with an admission counselor?
Please have your students email email@example.com with your full name, birth date, major of interest, and what they'd like to accomplish during the Zoom session. Financial aid counselors and Faculty are also available to interact via Zoom. Email us for details.
For students who are unable to sit for the SAT or ACT exam because of test cancellations due to COVID-19:
Slippery Rock University will evaluate applications based on high school performance. This applies to students applying for the Fall 2020 term with a 3.20 GPA or higher and includes both those students who were planning on taking the SAT/ACT for the first time and those looking to retest. Test scores will be accepted for applicants who were able to sit for a previous exam date, but for all others the high school transcript, including grades and rigor will be evaluated in lieu of test scores.
Upcoming Counselor Events
High School Counselor Day 2020 - SAVE THE DATE
Friday, December 4, 2020
Important Admission & Financial Aid Resources For Students Considering SRU
- SRU's admission requirements and application process is available here.
- If a student is enrolled in a free or reduced lunch program, school counselors can send an email, indicating such, to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to waive the student's application fee. Counselors should include the student's full name in the email.
- Transcripts can be sent by school counselors through e-mail, Parchment, Naviance or traditional mail.
- We accept test scores that appear on the high school transcript as official.
- If your student is Pittsburgh Promise eligible and you have questions, please contact Karla Romero, Assistant Director for Multicultural Recruitment, at email@example.com or 724.738.2653.
Undergraduate Admissions Mailing Address
Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
1 Morrow Way
Slippery Rock, PA 16057
Included below are additional resources that will help explain the requirements, outline the process, and give graduating students a head-start in beginning their college education. We recommend counselors to explore these resources with their students to make their upcoming transition simple and encouraging!