The SRU Master of Arts in History is a competitive, fully online, 30-credit program without a thesis option. It is a general history program requiring courses in U.S., European, and World History. To graduate, students must successfully complete a comprehensive exam that covers all three geographic areas. Courses in the Fall and Spring semesters are 15 weeks and intensive optional Summer sessions are 12 weeks.
Because all courses are fully online, individuals can work on an advanced degree while pursuing a career, and have the freedom to explore and study the past from anywhere in the world.
SRU's Master of Arts in History program offers:
• Flexibility to fit busy schedules with classes offered exclusively online
• Affordability to help professionals advance their careers
• Training in theory, practical skills, and objective content
• Various course options in U.S., European, and World History
• Faculty members who all hold doctoral degrees in history