For those students who wish to take courses without earning credit toward a degree, Slippery Rock University offers non-degree admission. This is the perfect option for students wishing to complete pre-requisite courses for a program at another institution or for students simply looking for personal enrichment.
Some important things to keep in mind with regard to non-degree admission:
- No application fee is required.
- Non-degree applicants are not eligible to receive financial aid.
- If you have been denied admission to the University, you may not use non-degree admission as a path toward regular admission.
- If you have been suspended from the University, you may not take classes without first gaining written approval from your college dean.
If you are applying as a non-degree student for the first time, you must submit one of the following documents:
- Official college transcript from the current or most recent college/university attended (unofficial documents are not acceptable)
- Official high school transcripts showing the graduation date (unofficial documents are not acceptable)
- Copy of the GED (General Education Diploma) test scores showing high school graduation equivalency